Sunday, September 12, 2021

Well, anyway..

Thank you everyone who e-mailed and messaged and commented here about yesterday. I felt supported and informed and it was great to sense us as a group.

Meanwhile, daily life kinds of things tend to happen. The other day Handsome Son visited, made short work of the banana bread, and, as promised, took a look at my phone. 

I'd spent over a week dialling voicemail and getting error messages, spent much time with the chat function on the carrier's website, tried numerous workarounds. Nothing worked. Website advised call customer service, but I can't hear or understand cs, so I can't follow their instructions.

Anyway HS tries to reach voicemail, gets one error message. Tries once again. It worked. So I said that does it, you have to come over and get my voicemail from now on! 

I wonder if the carrier had had enough complaints that they fixed it, since it seems to have been a carrier issue not a phone issue. Handsome Son did spoil things a bit when he said well you just had to dial.. and I said, well, shouted really, that I'd been doing that all along. Anyway it's working now.

I don't need to get a new phone. I still can't receive or transmit pix, but that's not as vital.

Times like that require a soothing drink in the evening, and  my choice is often golden milk, a turmeric deal.

But the recent Great Cinnamon Debate, which amused me a lot, emails as well as comments in here, all these readers running to read their labels and googling and concluding they liked what they had etc, anyway this made me think of a different evening drink.

I mixed Ceylon cinnamon with Tellicherry black pepper, maybe we can have a Pepper Debate,  and organic maple syrup, in  whole milk and simmered them a few minutes. Just died and gone to heaven good. Five star. Highly recommend.

Exciting fence update: they're finishing up building 10 on the official map, about one quarter of the development, then stopping. They've run out of materials. They're reordering. There will probably be a lengthy delay, since nowadays supplies of everything are s-l-o-wwww. My guess is mine will be done in a snowstorm at this rate.

I had a lovely preschool few minutes yesterday sorting cute buttons I got from the knitting group stash. I'd donated them originally, so the group leader pointed out the stash was just a storage place for me. Anyway they're destined for an undisclosed location


And no pic of them here because they're a surprise and she reads in here. But she also has a blog so maybe they'll show up there. Meanwhile, the local post office had no systems working yesterday, no ability to process international mail, so I'll try again next week.

Speaking of the library, which is the home of the knitting group and where I've had a couple of well received art exhibits, I'm probably going to be invited to show the figures there once I have enough for a show, which will be a while.  

They showed me a terrific tall locking glass case in the main area, glass shelves with headroom enough to stand the figures, and with multiple sides so you can see both faces of the current work, a great idea.  Can't show you pix because of the system wide fatwa.

Under the previous administration only children's collections could be shown there, though it's far away from the children's area. But it seems the new director is more flexible, so this is great, a destination for the new series. 

So much for my retiring from exhibiting, I guess. By the time I'm ready, who knows, people may be able to hang out there again. This is pretty exciting.

And here's where the current work is



The top for the beaded figure, which I'm knitting sideways. Those stripes will be vertical. The copper metallic ribbon is lovely to knit. I've also used it to weave as well as couch as embroidery. Multipurpose.

Last evening, after a jangled day, I thought s bit of cooking might be good. So here's a cauliflower idea. Since Mrs Moon has drawn me away from the rut of only cheese sauce for cauliflower, it's become more interesting.


Battered roast cauliflower. It's supposed to be deep-fried, which I don't do. So I thought I'd try oiling the baking sheet, and heating it before adding the cauli. Worked a treat. 20 minutes at 425°f. Crisp and very good.

The first batch needs a bit more flavor, probably a dipping sauce will do it.


To the other batch, in front here,  to be roasted today, I added Old Bay and berbere to the batter,  so we'll see how it works. 

I did the first batch while it was frozen and raw, and it was fine. Today's batch, after overnight in an amped up batter, is raw, but thawed. I'll report back.

It was a good idea to cook late, no anxiety dreams last night, unlike the previous night. So life trundles on chez Boud. 





19 comments:

  1. There is a cell phone that has camera issues as in stops taking pictures. Sorry you are having problems with your phone.
    Another way to fix cauliflower makes life better. I am tired of parmesan cheese over boiled cauliflower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine takes pix all the time. The issue is a carrier one in this case, not a phone one. There are issues with a lot of phones, I found in the course of trying to fix mine.

      I usually write my blogposts on the phone, better pix than the tablet.

      Delete
  2. I like the copper metallic ribbon and blue beads in your current work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking them quite a bit, too. I might have to stop and spin more yarn though.

      Delete
  3. I have a new recipe for cauliflower too, using rice flour and some spices. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used rice flour, so I've noted it, thank you.

      Delete
  4. oh good, another new cauliflower recipe. I'm a little burned out on it right now so will save it for later. how nice that you have a potential exhibition space for the dolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the thing is that they're fragile, can't be exposed to potential handling, and need to be upright, since some figures will be specifically designed to stand. So this is a great opportunity.

      Delete
  5. I really love that knitting you are doing for the beaded figure. It's looks so nice with the beads and copper metallic ribbon. It will be lovely to display your dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another cauliflower recipe! Thank you! I will bake mine too. The only thing I really fry is fish sometimes and it is just a shallow pan fry.
    Your beaded knitting is knocking me out! I love it! And how great that you'll get to exhibit again.
    Phones. ARGGHH! I keep running out of storage on mine and then everything goes wonky. I spend hours and hours going through and deleting things, mostly pictures.
    Take care, dear Liz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About the cauliflower. I ate some last night hot from the oven, very nice, crisp, then finished it today for lunch. I reheated it on the cast iron skillet and that heated snd crisped it right up again. Di that worked. Leftovers might not be s thing Chez Moon, though!

      Delete
  7. I do like the new dress style and looking forward to seeing on the doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too. It will be a little while. I might have to pause to spin more yarn.

      Delete
  8. That picture of the roasted cauliflower looks a lot more delicious that I was imagining the battered up cauliflower would turn out. Looking at the spices in your recipe I may have to shake up my normal stir-in-olive-oil and toss-with-parmesan cheese routine when roasting cauliflower. Mine is tasty enough, but pretty predictable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phew - very happy to hear that a new phone isn't in the offing! Still wondering if I'll be forced into getting one at some point in the near future but hoping not. The cauliflower recipe looks intriguing.
    Methinks there will be more doll creations happening at Chez Boud if there's an exhibition in the offing. Good for you!!
    And....that mysterious parcel.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you did not need a new phone immediately and I look forward to seeing the doll done. Your cauli looks delicious. Congrats on your exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm happy about all these things!
      How are you doing with the chair repair? Any luck with a kit?

      Delete
    2. Stalled while I look for Allen or hex sets. I was able to screw in one side with my fingers and so far nothing is falling out but will eventually loosen again...

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!