Friday, September 24, 2021

Storm passed safely, dolls in disarray

The storm was less dramatic than feared, minor flooding, son home from work before it got under way. All's well. But it's good I brought in the ficus. The storm would have battered her 

For non US readers, the title refers to the NYT (newspaper) every time the Democrats start doing good things, screaming headlines:  Dems in Disarray!

Meanwhile the moving caused a few attendant changes. There's not much choice of where to put furniture in this engineered space, without blocking your own path. So all my attempts result in minor effects.

I did move a couple of things, including the doll colony, which now looks like the shore in summer, an extrovert's delight. 

The Dollivers insisted that the bears be downstairs, in account of the noise. The bears thumped about and shouted what noise? We're good neighbors, we are. And what about them there dogs, barking and running and jumping? But the Dollivers won, as the handmade people do.

The bears' table is now a plant stand

Meanwhile in the space the Dollivers vacated, gracious living seems to be under way. 

This is looking more like a sociological study than home decor. All art is political.


13 comments:

  1. Your two final lines made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The joy of readers on whom nothing is lost!

      Delete
    2. I agree, that last photo and description made me laugh too. Especially the lady holding up the corner. She looks a bit dramatic about it all...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's fun. Also I have the power to change it at will, always good.

      Delete
  3. It does look a little like a sociological study. You have wonderful house mates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm chuckling at those two lines as well...good to know all is well there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when I saw that top picture I thought how did I miss the making of all those dolls but then I realized you must have done this before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd have to be a long time reader of Beautiful Metaphor art blog to follow the Dollivers and their dogs! And their doings, photo shoots everywhere.

      Delete
  6. Everyone looks quite happy with the new arrangements, from dolls to bears to plants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhh - I'd been missing a photo shoot with the D's, political statements (yours OR theirs) always welcome too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!