Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Tuesday knitting, seeds, hoops and Textiles and Tea

Hot today, but I felt so much better for getting the tooth fixed, that I decided I would go to the Tuesday knitting group. 

Also I had hoops to give to the beginning embroiderer, and honesty seeds for everyone. You'll notice the yogurt containers with everyone's seeds, and the rest went into the library's seed swap.

The embroidered has learned a couple of stitches since last week and is trying out split stitch. Next she's going to try fly and lazy daisy. She loves her new hoop.


Camisole number 7 for this knitter, in broken rib, lovely stitch pattern 


The colorwork is coming to the end. The knitter has no AC, so she can't knit at home just now 


The muff, from handspun yarn with a stick -woven strap, being finished 



 This beginning knitter is learning fast and very happy with it. Also with her seeds.

A tiny bunny in progress


This beautiful sock is the first of a pair in
progress by the knitter of the camisole above.

My bracelet was admired very generously! They knew what it took!

Convo ranged over honesty seeds, gardening, groundhogs, deer, air conditioning, vacation, conferences, being mistaken for an employee, tiger lilies, tai chi, Ithaca, kitchenering, Montreal, yarn stores, domestically incapable men, and more.

Home to Textiles and Tea with a weaver who is an inventive force of nature.


She's a former industrial textile designer now a gallery exhibitor, using origami as a basis for her work, and optical illusion, where flat weaving looks three dimensional.













She works with linen thread which she dyes herself.

Her work is really a tour de force, like her approach to life. Very happy and very serious about her art.

Happy day everyone, sow seeds in one form or another!





14 comments:

  1. Did Suzie Taylor weave a version of the Georges Seurat painting, or did it just somehow inspire the embroidery next to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Seurat was put up to remind weavers ( most not fine artists) what pointillisme is. Susie wove her take on pointillisme. I added in some closeups, but it's all weaving.

      Delete
  2. That weaving is gorgeous and yes, reminds me so much of Seurat. You have a lovely group of knitting friends. I'm glad your tooth is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my knitting group is like your pottery group, fun, generous, talented.

      Delete
  3. Forces of nature, in nature and in human form, are awe-inspiring. Yet another great T&T.

    Glad you made it to the Tuesday knitting group. After Monday's dentist appt and Tuesday's busyness, perhaps next is rest-up Wednesday?
    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today the cleaners come but since there's a very hot day I think I'll stay home but keep out of their way instead of risking the heat.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had another great Tuesday - so glad you were feeling up to going to the group and I'm sure they were all pretty happy to take home some honesty seeds. I know I would have happily taken some off your hands if we still had a garden.
    The optical illusion weavings are interesting but I think I'm glad I don't have to look at them 'for real' - not sure my eyes/brain could cope.
    The sky here this morning is surreal - all a result of the wildfires. None are close to us, but we're dealing with the smoke in the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seeds went over big! I've been concerned about you and air quality. That smoke can travel huge distances. Interesting that you think the optical illusion work could be taxing. Yes, if you have a sensitive system, I can see that.

      Delete
  5. Goodness that weaving is so intricate and complicated! Lovely.
    Glad you enjoyed your knitting group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This weaving is exceptional. Happy to know you got the chance to attend you knitting group. It sounds like an enjoyable time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Tuesdays are all textiles all the time!

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!