The adventures with video yesterday have brought me to an interesting enterprise. Since I accidentally started a YouTube channel, now named Boud's Glimpses @ChezBoud, Glimpses of a small old life, yeah, get me, huh? I now realize a few things.
One is that I don't want to blather away about myself on video -- I tried a couple of test videos talking and though my voice sounds okay, I look so old and crumpled I can't see anyone wanting to look! Also talking heads are usually pretty dull.
And I certainly don't want to fiddle around editing and captioning and working my phone to the bone on full length videos.
The other is something I really would like -- I can create and upload brief content I like, to YouTube Shorts, just 15-20 seconds, catching a moment.
This could be fun, not lengthy editing, just brief forays to make videolettes. I like this a lot. I'm hoping, but not promising, daily uploads, to follow the seasons.
I uploaded a second one today. Yesterday's already has nearly 700 views. I suppose it's a nice antidote to doomscrolling.
So I appear to have accidentally found a new thing to look forward to each day. Who knew. All I intended was to upload a video to this blog now and then. What I'm in for now is so much better.
This morning I baked banana bread
Gary missed out on this, but my local drivers will get a share.
In other exciting news I picked up tonight's DVD entertainment
Old movie I watched years ago about the WI women creating a nude calendar as a fund raiser for cancer research. In the comments Debra reminded me of it, and I thought, hm, why not revisit it.
And in the same trip I sent off the last socks plus weavings to the Sock 'n Glove Ministry. Sister M was so gracious about my sock farewell, though I'll still do a bit of weaving and maybe crochet for them.
After I got home I went out walking, a bit hot and very bitey, but I saw the first monarch on a butterfly bush this year see YouTube short ;), and a cornflower has appeared on the patio
About nine last evening, there was a bang at the door and suddenly Gary was in my midst. Rapid fire exchange of news, and he was off again! He says he will pick up the plants, just not yet. Right.
Happy day everyone, hang in there. You never know when a struggle will result in unexpected fun. Ask me how I know this.






My goodness, I am impressed that you figured out how to set up those videos on YouTube. I've subscribed and "liked" your two videos. It's amazing how you always come up with something new to try and you succeed!
ReplyDeleteOoh, thank you for liking! Subscribing! What a friend. I'm too stubborn to stop while I'm ahead!
DeleteYou won’t be posting your vids here?
ReplyDeleteThat's the point I've been making -- they will not load and run on blogger . So I'm putting them on YouTube and Spoutible where they load, run, and get seen.
DeleteCongrats on your YouTube channel, which I managed to find. Very nice videolettes! A monarch - you lucky bean! And a nice view of the several stages of hibiscus flower. Have any morning glory seedlings survived and started to vine their way up?
ReplyDeleteA flying visit from Gary - NADM continues!
Chris from Boise
The morning glory is a bit low key this year, probably because the Japanese maple is casting more shade. I thought you'd be amused at the latest Gary irruption!
DeleteUnless your Blogger or Youtube is different, where you compose the post and click video button to upload a video, you should have the option of choosing to upload a Youtube video. The quickest way is to paste in the url of your Youtube video and it is almost instantaneous. Sorry if you know this already and there is some other issue.
ReplyDeleteI already explained this over two posts.I know how it's done. Blogger will not upload from my Fire tablet nor phone. YouTube and Spoutible will. So my video shorts are going where they're wanted.
DeleteThe banana bread looks delicious. My first try with it came out dry, do I have to make it again...😀
ReplyDeleteYou need to spread cream cheese in the bread, mmm, then make another!
DeleteOn, not in!
DeleteI used to be able to upload video to my blog and then suddenly couldn't.
ReplyDeleteIt was nice to see your Monarch on YouTube, and your hisbiscus, on a breezy day.
Thanks so much for checking my YouTube presence! I really appreciate that extra step.
DeleteYou are inspiring the rest of us with your creativity and sense of adventure!
ReplyDeleteThank you. Being stubborn has its points.
DeleteYay! I’m a follower. That first video is already at 813 now. Amazing. I’d love to know what draws so many people to certain videos. I have one with 540 thousand views and one with 3. That’s a fun bench.
ReplyDeleteThe views are a mystery. So I've decided not to sweat the numbers. Just accept I don't understand them. Don't you think Steve should claim that bench? It wouldn't be any trouble to get it shipped. Thank you for being a follower! Aren't you nice.
DeleteI’m definitely going to check out your YouTube channel. It’s nice to finally hear someone I’ve just been imagining how they sound when I’m reading blogs
ReplyDeleteThere's no sound in the videos. But if you want to hear me, join Spoutible and hear me bangin on in a couple of audiopods there -- Sussex squad pods.
DeleteGood luck on your new video project, Boud. And, how did you know that an unexpected struggle would turn into fun? Yes, to Calendar Girls being a fun movie and with a great cast it’s in our DVD collection and you reminded me that it bears (pun intended) rewatching soon.
ReplyDeleteI went from total frustration to elation over those videos! Old but not dead!
DeleteI wonder if I should add calendar girls to my small DVD collection, too. I'll see after I've watched it.
Well done, you technical genius, you!
ReplyDeleteAh, twas nuthin!
DeleteI don't even know if my YouTube channel has a name! Ha! I only started it to be able to post videos of the kids on my blog. I'm sorry you can't transfer using your devices. I think that if you love this, you might just want to consider the purchase of a different phone or tablet. You deserve that!
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit puzzled about why I'd buy ( how?) any new devices, when I finally succeeded in getting the current ones working doing what I want? Unless you hadn't caught my moving on from blogger videos? that might be it. That idea is now replaced with the new enterprise I'm pleased with. Already getting appreciation for, too, always nice.
DeleteLOL -- that's a pretty cool bench! I'd have taken it if I lived there! I'm glad you're finding joy in making simple videos. It really is such an easy process and adds a lot to the ol' blog, in my opinion! (By that I mean MY ol' blog -- yours is of course already perfect. :) )
ReplyDeleteIt wasn't easy for me and my primitive devices, but yes, a lot of fun. I like the brevity. Maybe 30 seconds max. I rarely watch any video longer than that, so I'm suiting myself.
DeleteTech and videos (eye roll) - Mr B has been making drone footage of our build site and then had no idea how to share with his family in UK. He needs to find the skills you clearly have. (Even if he could work out how to make banana cake I'd be impressed.)
ReplyDeleteI have such sympathy! And I know you haven't been assuring him it's so simple! He could start with banana bread and work up.
DeleteWow - you techie, you! This non-techie spent some time trying to locate your video(s) and finally did. I think (maybe, perhaps) I've managed to subscribe but not being a YouTube user I hope it worked. I should do some further exploration of uploading videos to my blog if I can remember what I did previously.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for checking out my YouTube channel. At a few seconds daily it won't be too time consuming!
DeleteI will head to YouTube as soon as I finish this short response. A Gary blast!
ReplyDeleteI knew he'd be around!
DeleteI did it! I found you on youtube and subscribed!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Aren't you nice to take the trouble. I hope you enjoy what I'm trying to do.
Delete