Thursday, July 2, 2026

Hotter plus Misfits and pens

 I'm indoors, weaving, reading, dealing with Misfits.

My pens arrived and a little set of watercolors.

But first, Misfits






Canned food to share with the food pantry, yogurt to go with fruit, extra spinach for salads and quiches, beautiful eggs likewise, cherries because they're great this year, scallions for salads.

One thing about organic clean fresh produce is that the scallions and onions are pungent, short path from field to knife. These are literally as sharp scented if I'd just picked them.

Tiny chocolate chips for cake purposes, extra bananas likewise, parsley for everywhere, apples just in time, I'd run out, tuna for tuna melt or salad, coffee, double order because it's not always available so one's an insurance policy.

Jeff was out in the weather you note above. I need to add to his tip.

Then I tried out a pen. I really like these fine tip black pens and these glide very well on the slightly toothed paper. 

The Christmas cactus posed for me. 


The paper is pure white but my phone insists it's really beige..

Happy day everyone, a bit of weaving and a bit of reading and a lot of lying about comes next. 

The Durham Weaver from whose book I'm learning narrow patterned bandweaving, suddenly started friendship bracelets, unlikely for her, and gave a great YouTube channel for learning them.

Not your middle school patterns! Watch this space.

Happy day everyone, keep cool, be nice if possible, I know, not easy, sez Ted and Big Ursy and Pony and Ursula.







35 comments:

  1. What's 100 degrees in whatever we use? It sounds too hot whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had tuna melts for lunch today. SG hasn’t made them in ages. That’s a wonderful drawing. How odd that the phone sees the paper as beige.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a tuna melt. Quick and it doesn't heat up the whole kitchen. I don't get why my phone sees beige. Another device renders white paper as blue. Thank you for the nice words about the drawing. I do like modified contour.

      Delete
  3. Your misfits look delicious! I looked into signing up, but no service available in my area. Today our actual high was 99 - whatever that is with the heat index added to it. So hot. So hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry you can't get Misfits. They're such a blessing to me, good food, decent prices, literally on the step. In weather like today -- still 90s latish evening -- it would be so difficult to shop.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I agree. I think I'll boycott the weather forecast

      Delete
  5. I always love the creativity in your cooking. And yes, the practice of art indeed makes the soul grow. Only 95 here in TN. Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a cool day! So good to hear from you, Jon. One thing and another, you've been off the radar.

      Delete
  6. Your cactus drawing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do love fine point black pen drawing.

      Delete
  7. The Christmas cactus drawing is wonderful. I could tell what it was instantly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Christmas cactus! I do love a good fine-point pen and paper which takes it so nicely. I have found that the Sharpie .7 pens are also really good. I think they're my pens of choice these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have come close to 100 degrees and past it in the 'feels like' but all I can say is that's too hot. You have plenty to enjoy in this order from Misfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll stop checking. At this point it's weather porn.

      Delete
  10. That was a nice drop-off from Misfits, Boud, and as much as we enjoy scallions they have just been so costly in the local grocery store, so we're growing our own😏. A good pen is always a joy especially when used for writing longish letters. Temps are broiling in New England, just like in NJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great option to grow your own when you can. Currently my only food crop is a container of potatoes.

      Delete
  11. Did you have tungsten lights when you took your cactus photo? It always turns whites more yellowish. That was a great Misfit delivery! Don't you love new art supplies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just daylight and my phone. I rarely buy art supplies, usually make or improvise, so it's a rare treat.

      Delete
  12. I like your drawing -- unmistakably a Christmas cactus!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too hot for you. Keep as cool as you can. Cold flannels spring to mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have central AC and fans, which are holding up so far.

      Delete
  14. Lying about eating bon bons and drinking a cool beverage sounds like just the thing in this heat. I really need to bestir myself and 'do something' with my day (beyond having to go out this morning to pick up our grocery order) but sadly what I want to do involves using the iron and if I do, it promptly blows a fuse because the a/c and the iron can't run at the same time. What can I say - our electrical system in this building is finicky. Try to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't seem to lie about. Always jumping up to do something or other. Too bad about the dodgy iron, but this is not a time to blow the ac

      Delete
  15. Ohhh, cherries! Tim just got some from Aldi today and wow, wow. So good. Love that you got these goodies. Yum, yum, yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cherries and this has been a good year for them. Summer fruit is the best, with cheese.

      Delete
  16. The cactus drawing is great and what phones 'see' remains a mystery to me - we couldn't see the aurora but the phone camera could capture it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cameras are so odd in what they pick up and don't. Red seems to baffle all of them.

      Delete
  17. I'm catching up on my blog reading just now... I used to make (fairly basic) friendship bracelets while my kids were in their karate class. I'd always wear jeans and use a safety pin to attach the start to a spot near my knee, and then I'd start tying knots! Making something beautiful helped me look forward to being stuck at their classes, which were a little too short and far from home for drop-off. Your drawing is wonderful! Thank you for sharing it. I recently discovered the website JetPens via a personal recommendation, and I was happy with my first order :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JetPens? Noted. I made simple bracelets to show my nephews when they were small mainly they were square knots in various sequences. Much easier than what I'm trying, well, struggling with, now. You were very enterprising to find a portable art form for that waiting. You can get quite a bit done in those intervals. And uninterrupted if it was pre cellphone.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!