I've been listening to a YouTuber who has the best understanding I've heard about how clutter then hoarding happen, and how stuff takes energy just by being there.
I'm nearer a minimalist than a hoarder, but this hot weather has sapped my energy and I may as well move on some items on my mind instead of using mental energy over them.
So I looked at three drawers of yarn, nice stuff mostly donated. I've used all I can, and winnowed out the yarn in colors I don't like or have used enough. Just one drawer, didn't get carried away. Here's the haul
Mostly it's lovely and I've had all the use I'm getting, so now it needs to be with someone else. I have another drawer full of yarn I like and will use, either weaving or knitting.
In about two minutes I had several requests, one to pick it up a couple of hours later, very enthusiastic, too.
She took it as promised, then got back to me after she'd had a chance to look.
and red fruit Tomorrow I'll make strawberry jam. Today I stewed the apples and plumcots together, nice combo.
So I have easy and safe food for a few days.
Meanwhile, cream cheese which I usually make but thought I'd try their product. Tomorrow I'll have some with bread and that future strawberry jam, for afternoon tea.
Yogurt because it's a staple, shrimp for Cajun shrimp again, it was so good last time, beautiful eggs, never fail to admire them, some went into the veg quiche. Pumpkin for various uses including beating into yogurt for dessert. Butter because I'm getting low, unsalted because I like to decide how much salt to use.
Next time I'll catch up on food pantry offerings.
One thing and another, I didn't get into the weaving set-up as planned. The bad air really knocks out your energy even if you don't go out. I expect it gets in via air conditioning. I'm so thankful that I got the dental work started before the heat returned.
But I think I got a lot done that I wanted to, and tomorrow is another day.
Meanwhile I'm reading and dozing over this, frothy mystery, the kind with recipes, I love it. There are three in one book.
Happy day everyone, sufficient unto the day be the weaving thereof.












One of my son's friends got that parasite and learned that if you have it do not take Imodium to stop the diarrhea. You want the parasite to come out of your body. A doctor should be seen so you can get a prescription for whatever kills it.
ReplyDeleteI'll check out those books when I head to the library tomorrow. Thanks!
That's useful advice Ellen.
DeleteA cornucopia. I’m getting ready for bed, but the apples and plumcots would be nice to wake up to.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking breakfast with yogurt.
DeleteThat’s exactly what I was thinking.
DeleteThat veggie quiche looks dee-lish!
ReplyDeleteThank you. Very easy assembly more than cooking. I'm in my quiche period.
DeleteIt is nice to give things to someone who really appreciates them.
ReplyDeleteYes, it's gratifying. She's really in the freecycle spirit.
DeleteIt's good to know about cooking the bad bacteria, but we will avoid US products even more than usual. We can do that with Canadian produce coming along now. I was able to purchase Canadian blueberries for the first time in a long time this week.
ReplyDeleteTaylor Foods, the apparent distributor, has a Canadian presence. It's a global firm and the produce is not from the USA. Check your food for origin, not just who packed it.
DeleteI have a bar I am dropping at the thrift store.
ReplyDeleteThe heat has broken here for now.
Cathy
What kind of bar?
DeleteI basically grew up poor, so there's this reluctance to throw things away, and clutter is something I have to watch out for.
ReplyDeleteI grew up poor and have the opposite reaction! I had little growing up, don't need much now, rarely buy things. My late husband was more in agreement with you.
DeleteI forgot yesterday to say how well that belt turned out - color and design are great. Great Freecycle exchange, with follow-up. Sympathies on smoke and heat - stay cool and stay inside.
ReplyDeleteChris from Boise
Thank you, I like the belt quite a bit. The color is much stronger than my usual beat. I've noted that free cycler as a good one, reliable and easy to work with, for future reference.
DeleteThe heat and smoke are really tiring. I seem to fall asleep as soon as I stop moving!
When anyone has to clean out craft stuff from their parents homes they all think of me. I usually just pick out of a few things I can use and share the rest with other crafters
ReplyDeleteI think quite a lot of fiber is in transit at any time, in the donor aftermarket.
DeleteThe quiche looks delicious. We have a lot of salads so I've been a bit flummoxed by this. No lettuce or spinach is hard to accept. I did read a couple of days ago that the air conditioner does recycle air from outside. I need to have another clear out, too much stuff.
ReplyDeleteIt seems that the culprit was Mexican iceberg lettuce, imported by Taylor Farms, who also supply Canada. So that's a help, but I'm still being cautious. And quiche is a pretty good consolation prize.
DeleteEverything is conspiring about our bodies -- lungs and smoke, stomachs and cyclospora. I feel so bad for all our Canadian friends.
ReplyDeleteThe smoke is affecting a lot of lives, reminding us it's not a big planet. Likewise Mexican lettuce upsetting people in the Midwest.
DeleteIt is lovely that the yarn will go to a good home. And that fruit combo looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy about the yarn, very glad I did it. The fruit mixture is good, that combo particularly. I'm not always a fan of stewed fruit, but this one is okay.
DeleteOur smallish outbreak in Buncombe County (4 as of the warning given yesterday) said to be wary of water, as well as unwashed fruit and veggies. Water? That's going further than I had thought a parasitic infection might be which came from Mexico, and appeared first in Michigan and Ohio. But something made it to North Carolina, or at least the 4 folks who went to doctors did.
ReplyDeleteMaybe they were recently in Mexico. I didn't think the water supply was an issue. Maybe some bottled waters.
DeleteI have that book! I like to re-read it at Christmas. Your food looks delicious
ReplyDeleteYes, it's seasonal! I do enjoy cooking and eating my own choices.
DeleteBad enough with all the political idiocy to worry about, now it's wildfires and issues with food. Makes you almost afraid to eat anything fresh. I haven't heard of any cases in Canada but it's bound to make it here too.
ReplyDeleteVery glad your yarn is going to people who will appreciate it too.
I think they've narrowed down the source of the contamination now.
DeleteYes, I like to think the yarn will be enjoyed.
Yarn addicts would be always grateful for a bit more stash to bolster the creative juices. Admire your strength and determination to sort and reduce.
ReplyDeleteThings require energy, and I have to ration that these days. That helps to decide what must go.
Delete