But first, if you want to try the quiche I made, here's the recipe from an Internet friend long ago in the 90s in the old Utne Cafe. Thanks, Diane, dianesowo!
Best I can do.
My dreams have involved a lot of knotting lately. It's weird to dream you've continued your current work with different knots, not very good design, then wake up to realize you don't have to fix it. It's like a fiberarts nightmare.
About the template I offered you yesterday, I know some adults like coloring pages, restful, I think. So I made it in case anyone wants to try it.
Me, I've never done coloring books or painting books, or enjoyed crosswords or jigsaw puzzles much, or jokes. What I've liked since I was a little kid was making them.
I remember laboriously cutting pictures onto shapes to reassemble as puzzles and giving them to other kids to play with. Likewise crosswords. I created them when I taught seventh grade, to teach grammar terms. And I made up jokes very young.
I think it runs in the family -- when Handsome Son was about five, long before he broke through the language barrier, he would create toys like airplanes and people out of paper and scotch tape. He couldn't manage scissors so he tore the paper to size and shape.
The people had a door in front with a knob drawn on. You opened the door to see their organs all drawn in place, as he'd seen in the encyclopedia. He'd give the toys to other kids, busy making more and not interested in collecting them.
He created wordless comics too, with a cast of characters drawn from various toys.
Now I'm off to learn how to do knotting finishes so I can end my current bracelet.
Happy day everyone. Everyone can make something even if it's just a fuss!
Every day, that is.





I hope the trip to the dentist goes smoothly and painlessly! I missed your post yesterday as I had an all day headache and no energy at all. All better today. Hooray!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're doing better today. Have you found the hot weather specially trying this year?
DeleteI do love crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, and jokes. Coloring books, not so much. But of course you made your own jigsaw puzzles when you were young! And created crossword puzzles as a teacher. Two things I never did. Oh, wait. Come to think of it, I DID make jigsaw puzzles. A couple when I was young and one when I worked in medical illustration. A doctor wanted a kidney jigsaw puzzle for his medical students, and I created it!
ReplyDeleteA kidney puzzle? That's pretty niche!
DeleteI don’t really know what the point of it was, but it was fun to do. All by hand.
DeleteDreams are the brain's way of driving us mad. Actually, many a time my husband goes to sleep contemplating a problem and wakes up with a solution, sometimes in the middle of the night.
ReplyDeleteIt's nice when a good idea comes overnight. But I don't think mine have ever been in the form of dreams
DeleteI am a pro at making a fuss! Good luck at the dentist.
ReplyDeleteI keep thinking by mid morning tomorrow I'll be home again and knowing what's up, crown or what. Maybe with a temp in place.
DeleteI made biscuits this morning. They were pretty much a work of art.
ReplyDeletePictures please.
DeleteToo late now! I'll get pictures some Sunday morning though.
DeleteDeal
DeleteI wish you well tomorrow. I updated my little bouquet today. I think I have it set to go in Tuesday's post with a nod to you.
ReplyDeleteI love it when people do that! Thank you.
DeleteGood luck tomorrow, hope everything turns out well and not too expensive.
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling better too. Sending hugs.
I expect I'll feel better when we start the work. So will my dentist, I bet it's a boat payment! In fact he's a good guy, only does what's necessary.
DeleteGood luck at the dentist.
ReplyDeleteDreaming about fiber arts is better than when I worked and I would dream about work. It was really awful.
Cathy
It's certainly better than those dreams about missed meetings!
DeleteHope everything went well at the dentist. What a delightful child your son was!
ReplyDeleteDentist appointment is tomorrow morning, so I hope it goes well. Handsome Son has grown up to be a nice man! He's driving me to the dentist early tomorrow.
DeleteYou know it’s time to take a break when you start dreaming about your current craft project lol
ReplyDeleteI’ve actually got some good advice in dreams, then used them on the WIP
See our brains know. Our ego plants doubt
Yes, I think our problem solving functions keep going, if we can stay out of our own way.
DeleteI have several colouring books, only one is an "adult" one with complicated dragons etc, the rest are kiddie ones but I barely touch them. I have made my own crosswords a few times, mostly as a way to use the "Words for Wednesday" words when I can't think of a story.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the crustless quiche recipe.
That's a creative approach to Words for Wednesday! I hope you try the quiche and like it.
DeleteDon't turn down the Novocain.
ReplyDeleteI'll take all the help!
DeleteDon't turn down the Novacaine.
ReplyDeleteGood luck at the dentist.
ReplyDeleteAt least the dreams are knots. After a few days of hacking out gorse I dream about swinging an adze around and physically flinch in my sleep every time I start the downswing. Weird sensation that tends to wake me - repeatedly
That's a vigorous dream! Maybe you need a break. I do see you're knitting, though, that's good.
DeleteThe Utne Cafe -- I know that name. Why? I think I had a friend who used to visit that website a lot. I remember the Utne Reader magazine, maybe it was related to that?
ReplyDeleteYes, the Reader sponsored it and it was my first venture on line, in 1995. I figured since I liked the Reader, it would be a good place, and it was. I made friends I eventually met in real life, and learned a lot about new ways to connect. That was back when you connected and heard all the beeping and clicking as you got online.
DeletePrayers dentist and knotting goes well
DeleteMay
Thank you, dentist went fine and pricey. Knotting next.
DeleteI got a text from my dentist to remind me of my appointment in August. It's on the calendar already. No problems, just the usual 6 month cleaning. How did yours go?
ReplyDeletePricey but undramatic!
DeleteObviously inherited his parents' brains and creativity.
ReplyDeleteAnd a touch of insanity..
ReplyDelete