Quiet hot day, Handsome Son visited and we snacked and chatted.
Text exchange among knitters, missing each other.
I drew a bit
Made another wobbly bracelet, my knots still not quite there.
Napped in the afternoon.
Just a peaceful day, the kind I wish on all people of good will.
Happy Fourth, ready to take back my flag and fly it again as I resist the regime that dragged it down.




Afternoon naps are the best part of the day sometimes.
ReplyDeleteYes, by lunchtime I'm thinking how nice a rest would be.
DeleteWe are somewhat cooler today. I hope you are too.
ReplyDeleteWe are, such a treat.
DeleteWho knew that this anniversary of the revolution they started (those brave individuals who risked all for freedom) would have these things happening today!
ReplyDeleteIt was certainly an imperfect start, but they did the best they could. What holes there are in the structure, so much relying on good will.
DeleteI'm all goofed up on which day of the week it is! Hope you have a relaxing day today.
ReplyDeleteHolidays always confuse me, too. Not that it's vital to know what day it is, but it seems important.
DeleteSounds like a nice, calm, pleasant day. Ours was too until around 11:00 when the local pyromaniacs began their annual big boom concert. The weird thing is- I never see these fireworks. I only hear them.
ReplyDeleteI think they like the bangs and don't buy the decorative ones. I haven't even heard any! Around here Diwali is when you get them, but even then they're the fizzing kind, not the explosives.
DeleteI have a collection of old American flags going all the way back to my great-grandparents. I think the oldest one has 46 stars. I didn't even think to display one for the holiday, it was just too dang hot to think about anything other than cooking a good meal.
ReplyDeleteYes, even choosing and raising a flag was an exertion too far. It accounted for a lot of quiet.
DeleteI do like your little drawings. I hope your next Fourth of July is a much happier one for you all.
ReplyDeleteThat's my hope, too.
DeleteSounds like a celebration for a good life, a stable culture (despite recent political upheaval) and a hot mid-summer.
ReplyDeleteYes, I do have a good life, roof over head, meals, sleep, friends, good son. Free time to fool around making all the things.
Delete