Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Rosy dawn, Textiles and Tea

Today I woke to a bedroom full of pink light. Rosy-fingered dawn, thank you, Homer.

This lasted only a few minutes, lucky to have caught it.

Yesterday's Textiles and Tea was a high energy production weaver who designs and sells towels and blankets, with occasional clothes. She shows with the American Craft Council, too, high-end stuff.












And does a lot of yarn dyeing, where she and her husband are a production team. Great presenter,  more technical than I could keep up with, but get those yarn colors!

I seem to have a permanent achy shoulder, maybe irritation from knitting, so I'm alternating with stitching in the hope that helps. Meanwhile Sock One of Pair Seventeen of the Sock Ministry is done. 


I'm running low on the donated yarn, so only a couple more pairs to do before I ask for more supplies.

Yesterday I spent an entire morning online trying to complete the pre cataract surgery information. 

I had all the relevant cards and numbers ready to go, and went to the website following the directions on the sheet.

But  The sheet I'd been sent, created by the surgical center and forwarded by the eye doctor's office, gave wrong information on how to access the info site. 

The link did not go to the screens they illustrated, and after a number of fruitless searches of their site, trying every link, I called to ask if I could process by phone, which they'd offered as an option. 

The nice lady who answered said oh no, that's not the right link, you need the medical passport link. Which I explained was not on their website, insist they ever so much. So I followed the right link she gave me, and found I already had an old medical passport on record, dating from years back.

Fine. But my now outdated password didn't work. And my user ID was refused on the grounds that it was already in use. Well, yes, by me. Eventually they let me create a new password, and finally let me in. 

The actual filling out was pretty simple, once I'd got in there, and I had to make updates and corrections. But now it's done, and acknowledged and sent to my doctor. So far so good.  

After my procedures are done I hope I get the chance to evaluate their coordination. It looks as if the website was changed without regard to the paperwork they'd sent to patients, and without anyone checking they were still sending valid material out. 

Likewise one of my Rxs was different from the listing I'd been sent with instructions. But I checked with the pharmacist, who pulled the rxs and confirmed they'd put up exactly what doctor had called in. She reviewed the directions for the rx, confirmed them, too. Evidently another place where they do something different without catching up the paperwork. 

This is not good patient care, when it involves leaving patients struggling with outdated information. So there! They'll hear about it once I'm safely done.

Different doctor this afternoon, rheumatologist. She'd better be good, since this patient is prepared to take no prisoners!

But a few minutes' painting last evening with a big flat brush cheered me right back up.


To get a palette with bright clean color, I sprayed the dry pigments. Old trick, works nicely.



Happy day everyone. Reports on the rheumo recommendations later. 

Meanwhile, please don't despair. Good people are working to repair the damage done by a few bad ones. We still matter.





16 comments:

  1. Frustration with the medical system is rampant here. We can bring about change if we give feedback however. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bright, cheery painting in the bold primary colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor customer service often seems the standard these days. Nice to have access to the universe via computer however, sometimes we all just need to deal with a knowledgeable human.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll do everything online! they said.
    It will be so fast and easy! they said.
    And then no one knew what the hell they were doing and what a mess. How frustrating for you and every one else, I'm guessing.
    Those yarn colors are amazing! I do love them very much.
    Keep painting/drawing, sketching/sewing/knitting, Ms. L. But yeah- maybe let your shoulder rest a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing stuff online can be easy or impossible but I think this also isolates in some ways. Before the internet I had to go to the library or bookstore to research images I needed, now it's all at my fingertips. Which of course is very handy. And it did connect me to people I would never have known so I guess it doesn't really isolate us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teagan's textiles are beautiful but I also love her HAIR! I guess a textile person might be more open to treating hair like just another fiber, to be dyed and manipulated for the desired effect.

    Sorry about the online kerfuffle. I've gone through similar stuff today with our medical insurance. Had to re-register, change password, blah blah blah. Such a drag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colourwork today really made my day. I love it. What did you mean by spraying dry pigment?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rubbish links are so annoying! Especially when it's to do with health and you're there because you need to be. If you see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ordeal online reminds me of Pinterest. I hope your input will create positive results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for enjoying the painting. Tigger, the pigment you expose when you cut into old dried tubes is what I spray, to wet it and wake it up!

    Read on for further developments on the medical frontier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much frustration causes by everything being done electronically. I have to wonder how much time is truly saved - since I never see that as the result on my end. I love your fun water color painting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would you like some washable wool sock yarn? I literally have a drawer full, and know how to get to to you! It's all sock weight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joanne, that would be great, particularly not dark colors which I'm finding trying to use. Thank you! Greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I trust that you didn’t have to take prisoners, for you seem very formidable. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joanne that confused reply from me meant can you avoid dark colors, because they're hard for me to knit. There, clearer now, and thank you hugely!

    AC, I'm small but deadly. Like my tiny, 6 lb, cat Boud, short for Boudicca, from whom I took my screen name.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh goodness - it seems like a never-ending rigmarole for you dealing with medical 'stuff', mainly due to the incompetence of the entire system. Resident Chef and I hope against hope that we won't need any trips to the local emergency room because the horror stories are just that - horrible. Over-crowding and lack of staffing are certainly not a good combination. At any rate, wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!