Friday, July 29, 2022

Cleaners, art, dance and potatoes

I got up my courage and drove to the library, getting more used to no glasses. I think I'm seeing as well without them as I did before with them, but my brain isn't so sure. Likewise reading is dodgy, and typos abound.

And in the  library gallery,  an explosion of happy color






Acrylic and alcohol inks. Perfect for a summer exhibit.

Meanwhile outside, probably a dance school doing the photoshoot for their fall classes.








At one point a passing yellow lab showed signs of wanting to join in.

And here's some great sidewalk chalk art 





In other news

This year's potato crop, first plant harvested




Like a lot of gardening this year, great foliage, meager yield. All hat, no cattle.
But the volunteer cherry tomato is flowering right and left, and I have a couple more potato plants coming along , so hope springs eternal, as always with gardening.

This afternoon Gary wants to com over and plant white potatoes left behind by a recent houseguest. He'd never dream of cooking them. He grows container vegetables to give away  My experience with white potatoes has been better than with yellow, so we'll see.  

Happy day everyone! Plant hopefully, dance outside, enjoy whatever's available.




16 comments:

  1. Lots of interesting things going on at your library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice for all and sundry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chalk art! Maybe it's too early to harvest potatoes? We waited until fall (September, as I recall) to pull ours when we grew them a few years ago. I'm sure it depends on when they're planted, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chalk art! My squash plants have been abundant, that's all I have right now. It's good you found it's ok to drive, you have your freedom of movement back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those little girls are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve yes, if they're in containers you have to harvest when the foliage yellows and starts to flop about. Otherwise the potatoes will rot. But yellows are less cooperative from peelings than whites. Last year I didn't get anything from the yellows. This year they didn't flower at all, unlike the whites which have beautiful flowers but at least I got a few edible marbles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a joyous post, library, dancing, harvesting and planting! Lots to enjoy! Thank you for the reminder, Boud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I think I must go to the library. Love the art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with the sidewalk art! How creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the chalk art! Thank you for introducing us to David Zinn. I just spent an hour looking up more of his work.

    Glad to hear that your repaired eye permits you to again drive!

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good show from the Busy Lizzies in the library garden. The chalk art is truly amazing. We love finding gems like that, and the ink exhibition is indeed a summer colour bonanza but we would go with the flowers for every day colour with daily and seasonal evolution built in. Xxx Mr T and F

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our museum has a similar art display. It's colorful and bright and makes me feel cooler (I think because the swirls make me think of cool breezes!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember it taking my husband several months to get used to his new vision after cataract surgery (but he had also developed an infection shortly after). I'm glad you're doing well after yours. The sidewalk art is wonderful. And so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sidewalk art is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your library always seems to have such interesting displays. Our Art Gallery is upstairs in the library but I am thoroughly ashamed to admit I rarely remember to make the trip up there to see what they have. Usually Resident Chef is waiting in the car so I don't take the time.
    As for vegetable growing, it seems to be a year for prolific foliage but little edible substance. Our tomato plants are huge but hardly any tomatoes to be seen. Only 3 peppers on a plant that had a ton of flowers....lack of bees to pollinate perhaps??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!