Saturday, March 12, 2022

Winter's back, and countermeasures

 So here's the latest local police report on weather, indexes and the roads. Chief Garofalo has a future in standup.



So, this being the case, I planned a day of cooking. 

First turning the ground turkey from Misfits into meatballs for Tuesday's Dinner with Handsome Son, and the remains of the hake into fishcakes.



Both turned out fine. In the background, chef's privilege, sample fishcakes and meatballs, for quality assurance purposes.

Then I'll bake bread for garlic bread among other uses. And I think I'll make those almond dough tart things again for Tuesday's dessert.  I have great Icelandic yogurt for filling, and various nuts and fruits. My neighbors will be very happy when they appear again.

The latest socks will be done this afternoon, then the finishing and steaming, and I'll mail out the four pairs next week.


Hang in there, Ukraine. 

14 comments:

  1. I wonder if your Chief Garofalo is related to the comedian Janeane Garofalo.
    Our weather forecast sounds a lot like yours although I'm pretty sure we won't be getting snow. It's going to be cold enough but not wet enough.
    I like the looks of those meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tons of Garofalos in NJ. So maybe he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always place you on the west coast, and then i have to check myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best storm forecast I have ever read. By far.

    Hang in there, Ukraine!!!

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow this time of year is quite common here but we have rain today. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Garofalo began here Friday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rain and cooler temps here, your chief is a funny guy...Enjoy your Tuesday dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I subscribe to Nixle weather warnings here too but yours are a bit more entertaining to read! It does sound like you have a lovely dinner planned for Handsome Son! We do have to have that chef's privilege, don't we? It is necessary for all the best cooks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie, back in the day when I was cooking for a picky partner, the chef's privilege involved a glass of wine to keep my spirits up.

    Chief Garofalo is always good for comic relief in rotten weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely a good day for staying in and cooking. Which is what I did Friday. Saturday was nicer but colder last night.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh! That's definitely weather for staying indoors. The meatballs look good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Chief sounds like a good guy with a sense of humor. Hope the storm wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would that all public officials possess such a sense of humour.
    I don't know about you but I'm getting heartily sick and tired of that miserable white stuff that keeps insisting on falling from the sky. Talked to our son in BC this afternoon and he said they'd been outside earlier in their bare feet. You *could* go outside in bare feet here but guaranteed you'd get frost bite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is where I try to be generous and say I'm happy that some people are enjoying mild weather. Really I'm seething with envy as I pull on my puffy coat yet again for the brief trip to the mailbox.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!