Monday, March 21, 2022

Little raisin thingies and neighborhood doings.

Way back in November, neighbor Gary, neighbor in the true sense, looked at my leaking toilet, and established it was more than the valve tightening we thought at first. It only leaks when flushed, quite safe with the valve off and not in use. But I'd like it to be in use. 

Since then he has been insisting I not pay for a plumber, he can get a replacement kit to fix the problem.  Then forgetting it.

Several trips to Florida to work on a friend's house, experiments with electric cars, one of which he will own by summer, installation of a 40 foot Christmas tree at his daughters house, complete with building scaffolding to use to decorate it, later removal of same, prep for incipient fence replacement, grandchildren visits, caring for absent partner's sick cat, she's back now, and this is only the bits I know, all these have intervened. 

Anyway he insisted I call and remind him. Again. He's determined I shall not get the expensive plumber. So I called this morning. It was like waking a teenager, no, not today, lemme think now, not this morning anyway. 

So I ran a couple of these over, to help him emerge.



I made them yesterday as a change of breakfast pace. Fruit and nut breakfast bars. Dates, apricots, raisins, almonds, cashews, walnuts, all chopped and bonded with egg, bit of flour, salt, baking powder.

He's a busy and interesting man, and most of the busyness is taking care of other people, so I offer a bit of edible tlc to him and partner.

Here's her response


They will heretofore be Little Raisin Thingies.

And maybe one day my plumbing will be working again. I also have another issue now,  which I haven't mentioned to him yet, with one of the showers..


Go, brave Mariupol! 


10 comments:

  1. Right on for you sign for Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breakfast bars sound tasty and very healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your neighbour sounds like my husband except my husband is too busy playing computer games to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sounds like general contractors who put off doing what they don't want to do...Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plumbing is beyond me. In fact, anything fixity is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes, sadly, it is easier to just pay someone to come and fix a problem rather than to wait on the grace of a good person who is busy.
    I bet your raisin thingees are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Several hundred dollars is the least I could be charged. Right now not an option. So I'll possess my soul in patience and save the plumber for emergencies. It's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unless it’s an emergency, I’d wait for the neighbour’s help. Those breakfast bars look so good,

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the cookies (correction: "thingies") help persuade your erstwhile plumber to take action!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Little Raisin Thingies - sounds perfect to me! Speaking of different names - we sometimes make nuts and bolts and Christmas time and in our family they have become 'Kibbles N Bits' (named after the dog food ads).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!