Sunday, March 20, 2022

Spring equinox, peace dove

Brief visit today, to note the spring equinox, when most of the planet, except the  neighborhood around the equator,  has equal day and night before lurching  on to summer or winter depending. And with that fully explanatory and scientific analysis, here's a picture to rest your brain

And if you have paper plates and fancy a simple bit of appropriate art making, here's a dove of peace for Ukraine



I'm thinking of making one to install in the rear window of my car. 

It's always this way. Brutal men killing while peaceful people make doves and peace cranes after Hiroshima, and wrap the Pentagon in a giant hand made ribbon during the Vietnam war.  I'm a little discouraged today.

But I have my Sock knitting Ministry to attend to, so there's that I guess.


Happy Sunday, best we can do today.

15 comments:

  1. I share your frustration, believe me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra, I wonder if there will be a future altar to receive one of these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are working outside today with dirt and plants. It's not an antidote but it is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Boud, I love this post. I am so with you being discouraged about the tragedy in Ukraine. The brutal men killing peaceful people seems to me to move humanity backward in a tragic way. I do love the Paper Plate Dove. I will check out the link (thank you) to see if I can make one to put on my car window. Lastly, thanks for the image of the sun over a field of flowers … what a beauty! Despite what is going on in the world, I hope your week ahead is a peaceful one! John

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard not to dwell on the news that is so filled with evil and I must admit I try my best not to listen. There comes a point when feeling the need to be informed has to become secondary to my own mental health.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are at least in charge of the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. John, thank you for your sensitive words. That's very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a wonder that the seasons keep coming round no matter what we do. Thank goodness for the Sock Ministry - hope you're working a complicated enough pattern to keep your mind as occupied as your hands.

    “Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
    Edmund Burke

    Also, serendipity! "On Being" this evening: Krista Tippett interviewed Kate DiCamillo.
    https://onbeing.org/

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  9. More helpful words, thank you Chris. Haven't heard Krista Tippett for ages. She's usually on radio at very early hours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Equinox +1 light is flooding my den this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We do what we can and keep peace in our hearts and car windows!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just cannot read about Ukraine these days. Russia is being so brutal bombing hospitals and places clearly marked as non-combatant and then their soldiers are beg for food from residents.

    The equinox caught me be surprise this time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is sad that the peaceful people seem to be passive and quiet. That the brutal people are loud and violent. And those that refuse to recognize the difference are too many.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!