Sunday, March 13, 2022

Clocks and socks and lacy cookies

Last night I finished the last sock of the current batch, today steam pressed them. Tomorrow I'll ship them.

Then I'll pick colors for the next ones. 



Then I experimented, in the absence of flour, which is on my shopping list, to see if I could make something for Tuesday's dessert.

I ended up grinding oatmeal and almonds, and adding a little bit of whole-wheat flour, only had a bit, sugar, butter, made a small batch of cookies.

These were originally slightly flattened fat disks, with half a date pressed into each.

As you see, they became lacy doilies. Once cooled, you can pick them up. Interesting experiment. The gap is the bit the cook sampled. 

Still wondering what time it is. Some of my clocks need to be changed, then there are the ones that changed themselves. I'd like us to just leave it alone.





13 comments:

  1. I wish they would pick one and just stick with it. Personally I prefer the extra hour of day in the evening since I'm not an early riser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m with you. Enough with the time change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I always say, the chickens don't know the clocks have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the time change and simply can't understand the need for it now. I wish they'd 'split the difference' by half an hour and just leave it be. It wreaks havoc with so many things and it's been proven that it hampers the ability of drivers to react they way they should. To say nothing about our sleep patterns - both for humans and animals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm for one time and I don't care which.
    Nice batch of socks for warm feet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's hope the socks are useful and well received.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those socks are beautiful! You know, I don't think I know anyone that wants to keep Daylight Saving Time. They should let us vote on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate Springing forward in time because my body gets confused...I love the sock colors and I hope Handsome Son enjoys your cookie experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad I don't have to struggle into work all tired this morning. It takes me about a week to move into the new time every time the clocks change.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gluten-free date cookies! The socks turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cookies do have a bit of whole wheat flour. But as I'm fortunate in not having to be concerned about gluten, even adding it to my bread, it's okay. I'm good about not slipping it into foods that gluten intolerant people can't deal with though.

    And they turned out better than I expected!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you put a dollop of parmigiana cheese under a grill you get a similar lacey crisp. Veyr moreish.
    Fab socks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!