Monday, March 7, 2022

Sometimes social media works

Monday, Monday, and here's what greeted me in my early morning Twitter timeline.





Just a gentle reminder that Twitter is about choosing your company, taking care of your friends, responding to good thoughts with good thoughts. And learning how to curate your timeline to be a daily source of peace and hope. 

Meanwhile back at the ranch, the ginger plant was showing signs of aging.


Yellowing foliage, looking tired.

So I tipped out the plant


See the exhausted root top left, and the harvest in the foreground. The root explains why the foliage was waning, no more nutrition.


And here's the harvest ready to be peeled, diced and frozen to go with the ginger already in the freezer.

Later I'll start another root. For now I have enough ginger to be going on with.

Now praying for the Russian people, as well as the Ukrainian besieged population. The ordinary people are intermarried with Ukrainians, are being lied to, their access to media totally censored. 

Many don't believe what their Ukrainian relatives are telling them, no idea of the magnitude of the attack. And now they're suffering hardship, food shortages,  cash access curtailed. They never asked for this.

One man, with the assistance of corrupt foreign leaders, has got us here. I'm profoundly grateful that he failed to get TFG into a second term, so there's that.



10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing those Twitter snippets. I will continue to rely on you for Twitter insights - already spending too much time glued to the screen (wordle didn't help matters...!), but I love what you curate for us.

    The Thich Nhat Hanh quote is one to ponder in these difficult times (not that many of us Americans understand 'difficult').

    Homegrown ginger - I'll be darned.

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have little sympathy for the Russians with Ukrainian relatives who refuse to believe what they are being told.

    My twitter feed is mostly politics but I see a lot of outstanding art on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not on Twitter. I really cannot rationalize spending any more time in front of a screen. I am not proud of this.
    I feel a deep sorrow for the Russian people too. They don't want the war. Not most of them, I think.
    I was just thinking of your ginger today! Glad to see how it did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think tv and Netflix seem to provide a lot of screen time. I have neither, so Twitter is a fun interlude now and then.

    My point was not to promote Twitter so much as to persuade Twitter haters who've never been there, to refrain from dissing. I've run into quite a bit of it here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the headlines on news feeds and move on at once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have found it easier to just avoid Twitter. But you're right -- I'm sure (like any social environment) it's all about the company you keep. I do love that thread spectrum sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How odd. I've never really thought about ginger being a root that you could grow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That thread installation is beautiful. I haven't succumbed to the lure of Twitter, Instagram and the like, although I do a little bit with Facebook (only so I can see pictures my kids share). I'm sure I miss out on a lot by not being on those platforms but I don't miss what I don't have.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!