Monday, March 14, 2022

Happy Pi Day

 March 14, you know.


Just back from the post office where my friend Lou the Postie processed the parcel of Ministry Socks


and they'll be there in a day or two, and with new owners soon.

Meanwhile I'm onto a new pair, spiral socks in different colors.


The turquoise is cotton, the beige a cotton/wool mix. 

I got my annual letter from the Brit gov about my tiny pension, which is going up by a couple of dollars a week, wheee. It's fine. Every little bit is a bit more than I had before.  

And they still use the kraft envelopes they've used for my lifetime. They must have got a job lot during Gladstone's time. They certainly don't waste taxpayer money on fancy stationery.   

After the exchange rate is calculated, and the bank takes its fee for processing this minuscule account, it ends up more as a matter of principle than the money. 

Anyway speaking of numbers, happy Pi Day. Eat pie.

Mourning for the innocent lives taken in Ukraine. Praying for the brave survivors.




14 comments:

  1. I had one of those letters too. I just got in and had my pension at 64 before they played around it with even more. Made me feel quite rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'oh! I should have bought pie when I did my grocery shopping this morning! Oh well, not too late to rectify that . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about pie day! Oh well. There’s always the pies of the ides!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, tomorrow's the ides. Maybe pie will fend off whatever we're supposed to beware.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, no pie! I made brownies last night, maybe I can cut them in pie shape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're having pizza tonight. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alas no pie here either - dessert is only allowed on weekends (although I suppose we could break our diet if we really wanted to).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steak and kidney pie is pie. Or shepherds pie. Or cottage pie. No end of non dessert pies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot about pie, too. Maybe tomorrow. Must shop anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Squash pie here! Happy Pi Day back to you! And congrats on the pension increase, infinitesimal though it may be.

    Continuing agnostic prayers for the brave people of Ukraine. And happy to pay higher gas prices to boycott Russian oil. Feeling the need to do more, but floundering.

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is good of you to send those beautiful socks into the world. Hoping the best for Ukraine. Np pi here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That blue and beige is a nice combination. I haven't made a pie since my blood sugar was so high (it's back down now thankfully) but I think I'll wait til peaches are back in season.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alas I ate no pie yesterday. I didn’t do any geometry either, but I am not sad about that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!