Friday, January 28, 2022

Misfits box, the reveal













Familiar thump on the front step.



Too heavy to carry in, so I partly unboxed on the step. Then brought the doings in in stages.



Here's the first of my orders including dairy and eggs. I'm happy, and a bit amazed, to report that every item in the list arrived, in good condition. 

Even the New Hampshire free-range  eggs complete with pix of the two farmers and their baby, aww.   I also have butter from Vermont, yay.  And a sneaky bit of salmon because I'm worth it..

If you think this is a lot of food for a single old party, this is my total food supply for three daily meals for two weeks. I don't do local takeout or shop-bought bakery. 

Seen that way, it comes into perspective. Also the fish and chicken will go into the freezer and last several weeks. And I'll be feeding other folk here and there. Also it keeps me off the streets, so there's that. I am sometimes asked this, so I'm putting in the explainer ahead of time. Not about the streets, about the quantity.

So this is a very good delivery. I'm going to let them know.

I'm all set ahead of what we're told will be a big storm. Sometimes they say this and very little happens. Sometimes they say this and two storms collide at once overhead and we get Sandy, from which after what, nine years, there's still  visible damage. 

So we'll see. Everyone in the path of whatever this snowstorm's called, keep warm, keep safe, dance in the kitchen.



14 comments:

  1. It's good to keep off the streets, especially in a storm.
    We had a bit of snow last night.
    We cleared the driveway.
    It was very cold.
    We cam back in.
    We are keeping off the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look good!
    It began snowing here, 2/3rds upper west Vermont, about 45 minutes ago, windy fluffy snowflakes. There is a powder layer on the ground. The birds are pecking away at seed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure comment posted as a wrong tap prompted a moving circle

    Looks good! Stay safe
    Snowing here now, powder for almost an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look good! Here's hoping you escape the worst of the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely assortment of healthy food! You are wise to buy for two weeks. In the long run that saves you both trips to the store and possible temptations to buy what you may not really need. It sure came at the best possible time for you too, right before the storm moves in. We have a winter storm coming in the middle of next week.
    Stay in, warm, and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what your dancing in the kitchen produces with these nice foods!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, at least you won't starve during the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We can buy individual veg in Misfit packages, cheaper that regular veg by half. I wish we could get the type of boxes you can get though.

    We are getting the end of that same storm., the third major storm this month here. Sigh. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I grocery shopped, it was for a month at a time, so that volume is quite familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marie, my concern just now that the storm's arriving is my son whose shift ends at 9.30. Hoping his trip home is not too tough.

    Joanne, yes. I think people who question are operating on the weekly shop pattern. Also forgetting if they do takeout, or buy bread etc, neither of which I do.
    Let us know how your food arrangement is working out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Handsome Son got home, long slow trip, but there now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa - I think I'd been a bit intimidated a bit by that much all at once! Must have kept you busy for a while. Do you plan out your menus and then order? I'd like to try it once or twice but we don't have it available to look at unless you're registered and signed up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't exactly plan menus. I do have a couple of notes about other items to remember. But I always order salad ingredients and fruit. Then at least one green vegetable, and potatoes or sweet potatoes, couple of onions.

    That's most of the order. With those raw materials I can figure out what to make as I go. I look at the baking needs, if I'm low on those.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!