Wednesday, March 25, 2020

And now an important word about spring tension rods

They play a significant role in the life of a diyer. Kind to the house, no hammering and anchoring, just pressure. Also kind to the diyer, same reasons.

So for The Great Indoors series Part Two, here's a survey of your humble servant's home.














Here a decorative door topper, there a laundry area door, a winter draft proofer for the front door -- replaced in summer by a stripey canvas one for shade--a fancy sail arrangement in the studio, which my neighbor liked so much I made him one in Japanese silk, shower curtains, a disguise for an unattractive over-sink light. 

Some of these were done because of cats wanting to come and go, some I just got on a tear and went and did. Some just look nice and do no other work.

They include an Indian wedding sari, an Indonesian handwoven piece dyed with black walnut, silk scarves, a repurposed pillowcase, as well as regular stuff like window and shower curtains.

I hope the current US bailout includes the manufacturers of spring tension rods, clearly a staple chez Boud.

And you do realize that this is seasonal, in praise of Spring? Well, spring. anyway. We've got plenty of spring tension in our lives right now. So this is a useful form



14 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely blog post! It made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of the tension rod myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you see, I am too. After I posted remembered I have yet another, holding up a Japanese portiere, forget the real name, in the second bathroom. Too lazy to edit now.

      Delete
  3. I use the rods for the showers. Very handy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It's a bit like the museum of mustard! A niche interest 😉

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed your post. Most of my posts in the past have been sights in New York City I've visited, but now I'm planning more posts in my apartment. Snow globes, soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow globes! That would be fun. Definitely do it!

      Delete
  6. Tension rods are the only form of tension I invite into my home. Like you, I use them all over the place, for multiple tasks. Very handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I thought the name was just a demand to blog about a good use of tension.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the tour. That's a lot of rods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot one! Yes, I'm the Queen of Spring Tension.

      Delete
  8. Loved the tour. And now I have the evidence that you are a bona fide genius. The use of tension rods to put up a fabric shade on a sky light window is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!