Wednesday, July 8, 2026

Different viewpoint and other dull things

Yesterday was busy and as well as the usual, I did a load of laundry, lugged a couple of heavy plants around, involving a step stool and a heavy lift, still no antibiotics.

Then today I could hardly make my legs work. I tried a bit of weeding then had to rest before I could dispose of the debris.

On the way back from doing that I thought I'd show you Chez Boud from the outside of the fence.




See how well the Japanese maple is doing now that the aggressive butterfly bush next door is gone.

Back to the antibiotics. I called the pharmacy, and, after much stress getting through the system, found nobody knew anything. I noted from my account that the rx had been dispensed and charged to me. Further online tracking showed it was delivered yesterday. 

By USPS. Hm. It must have arrived after I checked the mailbox yesterday. There must be summer substitute carrier, because my regular man always brings medication to me in person, not in the box. And there it was, yay, now I could get on.  

So I tried to call the dentist and my phone wouldn't make outgoing calls. Many workarounds and clicking and cursing, and using an alternate number for the dentist and finally I made the call. But they were now closed. Oh. So I left a call and at least I'm that far along and it feels better already.

And my next door teenage neighbor stopped over to invite me to her high school graduation party on Friday. Happy day!





32 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are under the weather, but glad you found your medication! Now we need you to heal quickly so you can enjoy the graduation party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First I have to get a dental appointment. Then we'll see. Just getting the meds ready for the dentist cheered me up.

      Delete
  2. jeez I hope that legs and dentist get sorted and that the pills do their thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pills are a precaution, so I expect they'll work. They have before.

      Delete
  3. I hate it when things work like that, days when everything is difficult. Here's hoping for a smooth, easy day tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good anyway, dentist office called and I got an appointment.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a rough day. But in your quiet way, you press on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NADM. I didn't see much choice about pressing on, getting under the covers not an option!

      Delete
  5. We live in the forlorn hope or expectation that life admin will get simpler over time but it doesn't seem to be the case. Mind and body synchronicity is about the best we can hope for - ability to keep dealing with the complexities of modern life. Glad you tracked the antibiotics and can move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's an endless series of getting one thing done while another starts up! Fortunately a lot of nice things also start up.

      Delete
  6. Oh, definitely go to that party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, a high school graduation party will liven you up. Have fun, and don't flirt too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tricky to flirt with a group mostly of kids and their parents!

      Delete
  8. Your home looks lovely. Everything takes longer in the Summer, I've decided.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly have been slowed down quite a bit.

      Delete
  9. I'm glad the antibiotics have started their magic and you can proceed with dental work, once you can make contact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, now I have an appointment. One step forward.

      Delete
  10. I hope those antibiotics have already worked their magic. How nice to be invited to your neighbor’s graduation. That’s an honor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the sense that getting them was so good, yes, they're working. Haven't taken them yet. Not till right before the appointment.

      Delete
  11. Isn’t it lovely that they thought of you.
    Glad you finally got those pills. Hopefully now you can fix your teeth and be pain free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to get the invitation. I think the tooth may be a boat payment for the dentist, but if things go as before the only pain will be in my wallet.

      Delete
  12. My husband had drugs delivered yesterday and it comes in ice as it has to be kept cool. Hope you get the dental work done and your phone fixed soon.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised the rx went into the box. Usually it's a personal delivery, but maybe it's a summer substitute carrier. The phone is fine turns out I was able to make calls to any number other than the original dentist office number!

      Delete
  13. I get so confused when UPS delivers into my mailbox. Is that even legal? Whatever.
    Sounds like you may have overdone on the heavy lifting the other day.
    Your Japanese magnolia does indeed look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I overdid on Tuesday. I haven't got used to knowing how much is enough. This was USPS delivering to their own mailbox. Since it's a locked cluster set-up nobody else can get in so ups leaves boxes on the step.

      Delete
  14. I like the outside of your fence. It's been so hot and humid I haven't been able to do much outside. It's wonderful to be invited to the party. Young people invigorate we elders.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like such a frustrating day. Glad you got the meds and can proceed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tension lifted as soon as I got my hands on the vital pills. It's good to know for future purposes that they use USPS to ship. That saves my asking my son to pick up.

      Delete
  16. Well played game of obstacles in life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea to frame it as a game. Why not. At this point hearing aids 0, Boud 1, tooth 0, Boud 1, phone 0 Boud 1. More or less.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!