Friday, June 10, 2022

It's official, the bee's on the lavender

The snail's on the thorn, and the rest of the poem. The lark's on the wing, the butter's on the toast, whatever it is

Yesterday was action packed, three visits from Gary involving collard greens and blueberries, ending in some greens and cooking water in my freezer for future soup, and berries in the fridge. 

His doctor is working with him on his diet, and he's started cooking and eating leafy greens and eating blueberries. Up to a point. He knows I hate waste and asked if I could help with the greens surplus. He overreached a little in his capacity to abandon TV dinners.  Or at least to add in greens. 

The first time he stopped in, I was taking roast chicken and french fries out of the oven. So much for my big talk about leafy greens..

He may rarely cook but he has beautiful cookware.  Definitely shows up my dented old stuff. 

Handsome Son visited, tea, chocolate dipped cookies, date and nut bread, then we did all kinds of condo related paperwork, and he helped me change the warm winter door curtain for the summer canvas heat-blocking one. 


I walked in the evening, one of the most beautiful June evenings, the kind to remember, evening sun slanting across the trees



This is my shared back yard

Further on, rabbits out dining



Until they spot me, then they're off.

About my paintings, two thoughts: you may admire, say oh I can't do that. And I'll look modest and say, ah, twere nothin. Or you'll look and say, heck I can do better than that! And proceed to do so. And I'll look sneaky, because that's the other bit of the agenda.



It's for anyone to try.

Happy day everyone, paint on, eat your greens, support the good guys, vote out the black hats.



15 comments:

  1. It's too hot to be outside for long here right now, a week of triple digits ahead and no rain. I'm pondering a new subject for a watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely watercolors
    I look, see sponges, and remember I don't have any.
    Dates! Thank you for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  3. The watercolors are lovely. And it must be so nice to have a son, handsome or not, to come and visit you so often. I love reading about his visits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fluffy white clouds in the bluest of skies above tree-studded verdant lawn - that is a beautiful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your condo grounds. Very pretty! And the canvas curtain is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely June post!
    You and Ellen have me thinking about watercolors. Thinking is not doing. But still- I am pondering it.
    My grands and I just ate lunch and there were, alas, no leafy greens. The spaghetti sauce did have sneaky vegetables in it though.

    Now I'm off to do something fun with them. I am not sure what but I'm sure it will be fun.

    I love your bees and bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rabbits in the backyard must enjoy your plants. Furry little rascals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your bee on lavender watercolour! I'm taking a watercolour pencils art course right now and I've discovered two things so far -- (1) I use too much colour, and (2) I use too much water. I MUST learn that "less is more."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will simply admire your water colors, I know my limitations. My son visited today, a pleasant surprise. He made steaks on the grill and brought side dishes, so we had a great lunch served to us by him. You have lovely grounds with your condo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debra, good luck with your courses. I find I like watercolor crayons better than the pencils. But I like brushes best, just plunge in.

    Sandra, that sounds like a great son. And a great visit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't paint, but I am back to knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another uplifting and inspirational post - nature, neighbours, family, creativity, a sense of gentle contentment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks nice at your house - not so much here where it's very hot and very dry. I'm thinking someone moved me to a humid AZ when I wasn't looking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A day in the life of Boud - always interesting. So nice to have neighbours to share cooking bounty with. Our neighbour we shared with has just moved into assisted living so he won't be getting as many care packages from us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!