Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Santa now mounted on Christmas steed, monks entertain

 Santa is getting serious here, mounted on his straw steed ready for his rounds



And on YouTube a favorite, showing up again.  It's a high school mime troupe which did this hilariously funny Hallelujah Chorus on flash cards.  Here holding cards high to hit the high notes



Here, the baritones are being interpreted


The smallest one, second from right, has to jump to get the cards up to the level of the others, and their neighbor to the left gets to hold up syllables like ER and other such intelligible word scraps.  Do go and look. I think you'll like it.  They're miming to a very professional choir.

The comments are inadvertently funny, too, with people who evidently didn't read the expo, saying well they must all be men, women can't be monks, and so on, hot debate, when we're talking about a bunch of high school mimes dressed as monks, as anyone can!

12 comments:

  1. I’ve seen that. It is fascinating. I didn’t read the comments however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the comments, devolving into little arguments, are as comic as the video.

      Delete
  2. I've seen this, and even without rewatching it, it makes me smile. I love how the Christmas brings out silliness. I suppose it's the overall cheer that often comes along with this winter holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how it honors a masterwork while demolishing the pretension that often goes with it.

      Delete
  3. I love this vid and have watched before and will watch it again! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's my personal opinion that silliness is our saving grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a Swedish Christmas goat! What a fun surprise for me. Did you know that in Sweden, land of the reindeer, Santa travels with goats? To me that always seemed like a strange choice, sort of a VW instead of a Cadillac.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for explaining. I wondered what he was riding! The calendar is German in origin, hence the customs I had to look up.

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen that video but it promises to be good so I'm about to test it out. Interesting to read Inger's comment about the Swedish Christmas goat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check it out. I think you'll love it. I watch it over a couple of times so as not to miss anything.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!