Saturday, December 26, 2020

Lovely day, great food and company

 So Christmas day, aside from warm but rainy windy and grey weather, was great.

Here's the stage set for Handsome Son's arrival with food, which is still an unknown quantity to me, he not telling me ahead what to expect.

And here's the result, all shopped for, heated and served, complete with Colman's mustard made on the spot. Breadsticks and smoked Gouda, followed by  ham steaks, mixed veggies, garlic potatoes.  Eggnog and ginger ale, he thinks of everything.

And both desserts went down well.  We were lying about like pythons shortly after this scene, with pots of tea to go.

It was a lovely day, and the texts and emails and ecards on top of all this were just puhfect.  The first text wishing me a Merry Christmas was from a devoutly observant -- Hindu friend. Starting out the day on exactly the right foot, I'd say.

Today's about apple crumble for breakfast. It's fruit and oatmeal, it's breakfast, I maintain.


7 comments:

  1. Ahhhh - just about perfect I would say! Handsome Son did well with his choices. Happy day after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What amuses me about Michael is that though he's had many a good meal here, he has little faith in my kitchen. Brings his own tools when he cooks here, as if I didn't have pans, spoons etc. This time he brought his own mustard! Cracked me up.

      Delete
  2. "lying about like pythons" - the perfect simile! That's exactly how we spent the evening. It sounds like a most excellent day. And of course apple crumble is breakfast food. As is cranberry orange walnut sauce in porridge...

    Well done, HS!

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple crumble is absolutely breakfast food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. I don't know why they don't market it that way!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!