Thursday, December 17, 2020

Oops, fell off the sled

 This morning's Advent Calendar door.


And the scene outside after the storm.  We are in that region that is always on the cusp between two systems, one side rain, one side snow.  We seem to have got the snow side this time, several inches of wet stuff, but it could have been worse, as it is north of here.

Here's the sidewalk snowblower, huffing and sticking, trying to throw heavy wet snow. The cloudy bit at the left is the snow it's managed to fire out.  They have to get this done in order for the shovelers to do the individual paths.  After the plows came last night during the night.  Which was after the sanders came last afternoon. It's an unfolding drama.

People who are mainly working from home, are not rushing out to clear their cars yet, either.  I'll wait till there's activity before I do anything. I think I can clear my car, but as for digging around it, I may need help with that.  It's not a matter of going anywhere, but of moving cars so that the plows can clear everything before it all freezes again tonight. Usually one of the neighbors takes my keys and does that for me.  No idea where my car goes, just an act of faith that it will be brought back!

My plan is to stay indoors and have soup.  And maybe make some chocolate bark before I sample all the chocolate chips and there are none left for bark.  My bite is faster than my bark.




11 comments:

  1. Yes! Stay home and eat soup and be safe! The idea of chocolate bark intrigues me. I made up cookie dough to cut out and decorate for the boys today but they are far more interested in the sausage making their grandfather is doing. What?!
    Anything that Boppy does is more interesting, by definition than what Mermer does.
    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of snow for Christmas this year!

    Take it easy with the snow and don’t overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow was very very heavy. I finally went out, reluctantly, since it's important to have the car driveable so as to move it for the plow to get into each parking space. And I just about managed to clear the roof. Then my neighbor said, you're doing too much, I'll do that. And he did.

      Delete
  3. Bite faster than your bark - hee hee. That made me laugh! Stay safe in all the snow - very glad to hear it wasn't worse. We were very cold and windy yesterday but quite a nice day (for winter) today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very heavy. We've had bigger snowfalls, but not many as heavy to move as this one.

      Delete
  4. Another snowfall to be reminded how awful moving the cars for the plow. The snowfall here was light, a few inches. On the cars the snow was packed and felt heavier than it looked falling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, about the snow packing down on cars. What you can't see in my picture is that the plow made a single pass up the middle of the street before daylight, plowing everyone in on both sides. They finally came back at 6 p.m. with the little plows to clear out the individual slots, which meant my neighbor took my keys and drove my car to an undisclosed location, until the slots on our block were cleared. Then he brought it back, and his pickup, and his car, and his partner's car...he did a lot of snow related work today. So grateful to have him. Another neighbor dug out behind my car, to enable the move, too.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Staying indoors with soup - just the ticket! Bless your neighbors (I'm sure you do!).

    This comment from Chris in Boise vanished when I tried to moderate it. I got a message saying it didn't exist! It does, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Staying indoors with soup sounds like a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!