Thursday, September 3, 2020

Neighbor's appliance woes #476

 Soooo friend next door with the two broken freezers followed by the broken fridge, is redoing his kitchen. Interrupted by coming over to cut shrubs for me yesterday. In the course of laying a new floor, found water under it. Broken pipe.

Fixed that, started unpacking new kitchen units. And found the corner cabinet will not fit through any available aperture, window, door, passthrough. May have to deconstruct the cabinet before proceeding.

This, and hot weather, created a backlog of laundry. Put in the first load this morning. Washer broke down.  Brought it over dripping, and I did it at my house. Another load tomorrow.  Still waiting on refrigerator, and washer repair.

The worst I've ever heard him say, under extreme provocation was: oh, MAN!

In more cheerful news, mail yesterday


Vote received, counted. I've been voting by mail for years but usually you go online to check its progress. This year they're making sure you know.

After the first universal mail in vote. It went fine.

9 comments:

  1. Prayers nothing else breaks!
    It has been quite the time for things breaking.
    I received order #2 after receiving the wrong part (returned, no refund yet). I check to make sure it fits. I put it back in the bag, and it fell right through the bottom and broke on the ground. Waiting on order #3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like Mercury in retrograde to me.

      Delete
  2. I hope the poor fellow has some good luck soon. You are a great neighbour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a two way street! He has literally come over in the middle of the night to stop my smoke alarms from all chirping incessantly, suddenly, and my husband, in late dementia, freaking out in terror. He fixed the problem, peace returned. Aside from a lot of other things we've all done for one another.

      Delete
  3. I love that they let you know your vote was counted. Did I tell you I lived in N.J. when I first came to the US? For nine years, in Princeton and Belle Mead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this was a first, probably to ward off many suggestions that you never know if your vote got there. It's been possible for years to check online anyway. But this is a good idea. It's part of the election protection legislations, three bills, all passed recently, which I helped with.
      Yes, I'm familiar with both those places. I live a few miles away.

      Delete
  4. You're such a good neighbor! It's good they're telling folks to check on their vote. The mail is such a muddle these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are troublemakers insisting that the mail in ballots are never counted, don't remain untampered, etc. I'm not using the mail in the general, because there's a secure dropbox in town. This note refers back to the July primary. It's designed to strike back at deliberate disinformation. Some of it from Republicans in the State leg. Such as the minority leader.

      Delete
  5. That poor man! He must be thinking there's a black cloud following him around. Good thing he has you there to lend a helping hand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!