Thursday, September 10, 2020

More about voting

 Just another couple of notes about voting in NJ. States differ -- if you're a registered US voter in another state, check your own.

Firstly for the people who got all panicky when I posted about my vote receipt recently and said I didn't get a ballot, help. 

1. Cool your jets

2. Look at the post. I write and pic carefully. I cropped and enlarged that pic to show it related to the NJ July primary.  Not the November election.  And I noted it was our first universal mail in election. In other words, the primary. It was a test run for universal vote by mail in November.

3. When I get my general election ballot I will undertake to blog about it. But still don't panic. Counties send out ballots in waves. My ballot might not arrive the exact day yours does.

4. Meanwhile go online to your county website and check your status to make sure you're registered. If you are you will get the ballot through the mail.

5. Fill it out promptly, remember to sign it, send it back. I plan on using a dropbox in my town rather than the mail.

6. If you use a dropbox it MUST be in your own county. Counties run elections and can only handle their own ballots. In NJ it doesn't have to be your own municipality, unlike Connecticut, where it does. That's why you need to check your own state, to be sure.

7. This is probably the most important election of our country's history. Please vote. John Lewis fought and bled for the vote. Do it for all the brave women who fought for women's suffrage. Do it for the people in states where their votes face suppression. Do it because it matters.

Just vote.


1 comment:

  1. I simply can't imagine people not voting, particularly now when it's so very important. I've never missed voting for any election since I turned of age to do so. I suspect that we'll be heading for an election here before long - Trudeau has been working with a minority government and now that the Conservatives have elected a new leader I suspect there will be a non-confidence movement leading to an election.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!