Sunday, September 6, 2020

Sunday morning

 Every morning, while the kettle's boiling for tea, I step out on the patio and get that first morning breath of air, smelling of grass and damp and earth. Then I take a look around, do a bit, today tossed the last tomato plant and retrieved the pot for other use.

Here's a bramble, planted by birds out front, right next to the path, transplanted by me to the back. Fruit next year, maybe.

These few minutes each day are very calming and centering. I'm going to keep on as long as the weather is up for it. 

Then I come in to breakfast, pot of tea, toast and marmalade. Those Full English Breakfasts you read about would be an entire day's intake for me. 



4 comments:

  1. Funny how breakfast for me can be the slightest bite and then sometimes I want so much more. These days I just go with whatever it is I desire. Mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cooked oatmeal with fresh fruit and chia seeds and cinnamon and honey and hemp seeds when I have them and rice milk. same breakfast every morning except sunday when it's bacon or sausage, eggs, toast, and orange juice. sometimes pancakes.

    I step out my back to to the little backyard every morning shortly after I get up to put some bird seed out, think damn it's already hot out here and go back in before I start sweating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it hard to wrap my head around the fact that summer is dwindling away far too soon for my liking. Resident Chef put most of our balcony to 'bed' for the winter yesterday and I'm trying not to look out the window. I'm trying to deny it for a little while longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have several more weeks before real fall is here. I did have some lovely days outside reading and stitching and watching clouds.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!