Wednesday, September 30, 2020

The biscuits, the recipe, with notes

I had a request for the recipe for the reluctant hot biscuits. Ages since I gave it, so here's the original


I've made changes though: whole-wheat instead of ap, homemade buttermilk, 5 tablespoons olive oil, no vanilla. No sugar.

So there it is. And this time I used cupcake cases. Split and cashew cheese spread on, nice breakfast. Pot of tea.

I have a new early morning ritual I learned from my cats: just breathe in outdoor air for a minute before I do anything.

 I started doing a few minutes on the patio and as the weather's changing, just at the door. It's good to smell the outdoors, hear wind, birds, crickets. I'm a slow, cranky, riser, and this is a good thing for my spirits. Just a couple of minutes before I eat breakfast. 


5 comments:

  1. I have breakfast generally 2 hours after I'm up, preferring to have my coffee beforehand but that's what I do to, first thing on rising, open the back door, let the cat and dog out and stand there looking out at the day. weather permitting, the door stays open til it starts to get too warm. I do the same at night before going to bed, let the dog out one last time, call the cat in, stand out in the night listening to the night noises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Knowing how to make good biscuits is a valuable skill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great ritual! Gives you a good appreciation for the outdoors, to say nothing of the benefits of the fresh air - both to you and serving to change the air in your house as well. We leave both the bedroom and my sewing room windows open a little bit every night all year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's become a nice early morning minute, just breathing and looking around the trees and grass.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!