Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Textiles and Tea with hot chocolate and gloves

Yesterday's Textiles and Tea featured this longtime Penland Crafts teacher, who talked about her life and teaching, showed the gallery where she sells her work, and her weaving as well as free arm machine embroidery. 





She also spins but says she's only an okay spinner, does it largely to please herself.

Here I accompanied the program with ginger walnut hot biscuits and hot chocolate
 



while I knitted the first of the next pair of gloves, showing you both sides here



Once the second one's done, I'll send off the current three pairs and see what's next. This year has been great for the Sock Ministry which I started in February and haven't stopped. Now I've added in gloves for a bit of variety for the knitter, so I expect to continue.

Meanwhile the puzzle is creeping on, and I've reached the point where I'm not shouting pieces missing, pieces missing, which I'm usually convinced of, for the first part of every puzzle.


Oh ye of little faith, puzzle on.

Happy day, everyone, we don't have to have all the pieces worked out before we can move on. Just as well. 

Today's the last day of this natal year for me. I wonder if I'll feel different tomorrow. .





24 comments:

  1. I had to look up natal world. I now have that piece worked out. That is some lovely weaving she does. You make me want to bake, until I actually think about doing it. I'm getting closer, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These biscuits are very quick. Less than 20 minutes from sorting ingredients to eating.

      Delete
  2. I'd love to go browsing in that craft shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just want to stroll into that picture, yes?

      Delete
  3. I love those shawls! Are they shawls? Her colors are glorious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are. She's known for her colors. And she works with wool, so they're soft and warm.

      Delete
  4. Pretty gloves. I think the style will get a lot of use this winter.
    The scarf at the end has lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto on the craft shop. Just love the ceramics. Happy Birthday now?🤩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you do love pots. About the bday, depends how far east you are! It's not here yet.

      Delete
  6. Lovely, vibrant colors! How is your shoulder holding up with all the knitting?

    We just finished a jigsaw puzzle, and I'm with you on the "missing piece! missing piece!" thoughts - in this case, combined with "there's no place for this piece - must be an extra!". Somehow it all sorted out in the end.

    A cocoa day here, too - light snow all day, lovely to walk in, before the deep freeze hits tomorrow.

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who insists that the puzzle's missing pieces! The shoulder is buzzing as usual, but none of the jaggy pain I had before, thank you for asking. And I'm taking breaks now, always a good thing.

      Delete
  7. Well seeing as it is Thursday here I shall wish you a happy birthday.
    That shop is heaven. I can smell it.
    I have been convinced that brand new puzzles out of the box have pieces missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The puzzle disbelief is more common than I thought! And thank you for the good wishes. I plan to celebrate Me.

      Delete
  8. I like the gloves. They would work for a photographer. I have a pair. Not wool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm getting plenty of positive feedback on the gloves.

      Delete
  9. Isn't that yarn gone yet? The gloves are a great idea. I was gifted a pair years ago, but only use the right. My right hand becomes so cold on the mouse it becomes inoperable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still supplied! I'm using it tripled up and these are very comfortable gloves.

      Delete
  10. Your gloves are lovely, and you've inspired me to tackle a puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm. If you get as frustrated as I sometimes fo, you may or may not thank me!

      Delete
  11. The weaving looks beautiful. The biscuits look yummy.
    Being the last day of your natal year, does that mean you have a birthday tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love her sense of colour.
    I'm hopeful I can convince Resident Chef to tackle some of the puzzles he has stashed in our bedroom if only so I can reclaim the space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone just offered a large bag of puzzles in Freecycle. Gone in minutes.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!