Saturday, December 10, 2022

Glorious knits and the puzzle

Yesterday's knitting group was packed, every seat taken, and great knitting and crochet under way. Pictures don't do justice.







Your humble blogger is still quietly knitting her simple gloves, amid this wealth of talent.

And Tatters has announced  great gift books, some new, some established.

I've requested a couple from the library now that their new year buying budget is set.




I don't plan to bore you with a letter by letter account of my Arabic practice, but I now can sort of write and read several words, great excitement! It's so satisfying to focus just on learning in this whole new world for a while each day. Even the littlest new learning is amazing.

Oh, and the puzzle? The answer, which I think a couple of people got

PARTNER

I can't tell you how long I was stuck on Portnoy which refused to leave my brain until I saw a couple of clues. I definitely had my own complaint about that. Roy Rogers shouting howdy finally got through.

Happy day everyone, make things, or just enjoy other people making things, or read, or ignore me and do what you'd been planning. She can't tell me what to do, I'll have a happy day if I want to! Or not!





22 comments:

  1. Oh, that gorgeous bodice on the white sweater, and the exquisite cuff on that black (grey?) sweater sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cabled sweater is a beautiful soft peach color, hard to tell here. She's a stunningly expert knitter. Her mother, too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work in that group. The sweaters are exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree on the sweater, beautiful. You can be the boss of me, I'll go make some stock! And I'll also try to have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole post is WOW!
    Your fellow-knitters are definitely extreme artists and craftspeople. As are you. Give yourself credit.
    I would love a look at both of those books. I wonder if people's love of mending could have a psychological sort of background. I think it may for me.
    Jessie and the boys and I sat down today and did some coloring in a fancy coloring book with crayons and colored pencils. Not that creative but very soothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your thoughts about mending may be spot on. I suspect it's about healing, making things better after disaster, or just wear and tear. Coloring can be very nice in a group. Our local libraries still have coloring groups for adults going.

      Delete
  5. So many clever people in the world. Including you!
    I’m amazed how one long piece of yarn can be turned into so many beautiful things. I’d love to have that mending book. That’s a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's endlessly interesting to see how yarn can be transformed. Just two stitches.and adaptations.

      Delete
  6. Such fun to see the projects from your knitting group. That cable sweater is a beauty!
    That puzzle eluded me this time. Should have figured it out from the Roy Rogers clue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I spend more time drooling over other people's creations than working on my own. You have some beauties there.
    I think I am going to have to learn how to darn. If I am going to knit my own socks I shall have to repair them as too much time and effort has gone into them to toss them as I do with cheap imported crappy ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, repair definitely goes with sock knitting.

      Delete
  8. A lovely exhibition of knitting! No picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to have the ability to make such beautiful things to wear. I am sure your gloves will be just as lovely, Boud.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep saying to myself to do another watercolor but all my energy has been on returning those old overgrown raised garden beds back to just flat earth. some great knitting projects there. I had a sweater my aunt made for me, a cardigan, not a pullover, growing up that I loved. Somehow I lost it so she made it for me again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To knit something twice is definitely a sign of devotion. It's so much easier to do heavy lifting in the garden than make art!

      Delete
  11. That sweater in the second photo is amazing!

    Yes, I did get "partner." Philip Roth would be pleased you were stuck on "Portnoy," though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I knew I could count on you to catch the reference!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!