Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Misfits and Textiles and Tea

 So the good news is that the Misfits box finally arrived early last evening and I managed to get it indoors. Why me you ask, wasn't it hard to wrangle? Yes, but there's no one else available to help. 

Same with the dishes. I need clean dishes, live alone and have to manage somehow. Explaining not complaining, to people who wonder if I'm being too ambitious, no choice.


The other good news is that most of the produce is  edible, only the scallions looking past it, and refunded already.

I couldn't do the prep, so that has to wait. I'll wash as I go. Usually I scrub everything as soon as received, so I know it's done. I have to adapt. And I noted that the box is, as I thought, the corrugated type I need for that art idea I showed you earlier. 

It has to wait till I can break down the box, and keep a section. Usually I do the recycling the same day, but I simply don't have the strength today, so it can wait. But I'm still looking forward to making the art.

News from the Invalid Quarters: The coughing is reduced and I can lie down to sleep now. Good progress. No fever.

But the exertion of dealing with the Misfits box yesterday has laid me low today so I'm doing very little. This is definitely a tiring sort of virus. My oxygen intake is fine, in case you wondered,  I have one those oximeters to measure it, and I've been masking and isolating anyway, no matter what this one is, and treating symptoms. That's about all I can do.

I did manage to watch Textiles and Tea yesterday, with weaving from an interesting German-born New Zealander whose work reflects biology and DNA discoveries.









And her political statement teatowels encourage kindness to the earth and avoiding disposables. 

In other news, Handsome Son was able to come over yesterday briefly, got my car started, mainly for my peace of mind, visited, masked and distanced, but I didn't encourage a longer stay, just in case. 

It was lovely to talk to a person, if only for a little while. He works so many hours that it's good to see him. He lives locally, so not a significant journey.

He departed with his Christmas Trifecta: card, check and candy, after asking if I'd rather he waited till we celebrate, but I said at this rate it's going to be a Valentine's dinner, so no. He pointed out that Christmas has twelve days anyway, plenty to go!

His Christmas present to me when he can do it is to check and adjust my tire pressures, fluid levels, all that, to save me a dealer visit. My request. I always prefer service to stuff.

Bit more healthfully hopeful today but I'm bearing in mind all your caring advice, dear blogistas. I take it seriously, though you may not always realize that! 

Happy day everyone! One foot in front of the other, or possibly one nice lie down in front of the other!



21 comments:

  1. It's good to see Misfits finally came through. Being able to sleep is one step closer to getting well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some advice but nothing springs to mind other than to do what I know you are already doing- resting and hydrating. But please, if you need to go to a doctor, ask your son to take you. I know he works many and long hours but I'm sure he would take time off to take care of his mama in that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He would, no question. But I hesitate to expose myself to a doctor's office! The combo of elderberry anti viral, menthol lozenges and Tylenol seems to be working. If I get worse, I'll think again.

      Delete
  3. Sorry that it i still a struggle for you. It’s a virus that I definitely do not want to get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness you have had this rough. Lots of people are reporting dramatic increase in serious non-covid infections after two or three years of the immune system not being made to respond daily.... amazing how quickly it loses its efficiency when we don't regularly put it to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is very much like the debilitating illnesses I used to get when younger and not as generally well. But the three years of no colds at all have definitely had an impact.

      Delete
  5. I'm a big believer in tea towels too. I hope you continue to feel a little better each day now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a virtually no paper house, all cloths. Thanks for the good wishes, I'm hoping, too.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you can sleep better. That should help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hard to recover when you cough all the time.

      Delete
  7. Slowly and steadily feeling better sounds good, Boud. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are listening to your body and slowly improving. This is good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m glad you can finally sleep comfortably
    Yes. Slow and steady is always the way. It will get done when it’s done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep is the trick. It helps with a lot of issues.

      Delete
  10. That virus, when I had it for four weeks, was horrid. Now I remember little of being sick, except counting it off in weeks. And sleeping! Much of the rest of it escapes me, fortunately, so I have little to no advice to give you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it won't last that long. But it's certainly helpful to forget about it!

      Delete
  11. Slow and steady gets you better, even though you would wish it otherwise. Nice that Handsome Son came and touched base. I'm sure he's worried about you and wanted to be sure you were doing okay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!