Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Food ahoy, and a bit o' knit

Yesterday I noticed, shock!  Horror! I was out of things for lunch. Also dinner. And next thing this all happened.


Reading left to right, cooked squash and raw carrots thawing for soup -- see pot of broth simmering for soup, complete with giblets from the Christmas rock Cornish game hens currently in the freezer.

Then at the back of the stove baby bella mushrooms sauteeing in butter, next to the pot of basmati rice cooking for stirfry. Front left delicious smelling onions and scallions for stirfry.



and here's lunch, with more for today, stir fry


And here's a lovely silky squash, carrot, potato soup for dinner, several more helpings for the next week.

And afternoon tea with scone courtesy of Gary


My napkins get plenty of use as you see.

A bit of cording, to use up the current damped supply of fiber, and a new bit of knitting destined for an undisclosed location.



Happy day, everyone, try not to fall down, Sue,  or run out of great food! 



12 comments:

  1. Good morning from the midwest. Looks like you have some great comfort foods. I love soups most of all, they are so easy.
    I'm looking forward to the rest of this week's weather as I can enjoy the snow without driving in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great talent to be able to make a meal with whatever is at hand. I'm going to roast a chicken tonight and that will feed us for days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creative foods are a delight to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knitting, cording and a full tummy. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a whiz in the kitchen! Groceries and cooking for me today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy and content! The food is my kind of fare! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's some good looking food you put together. Stir fry sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The soup looks wonderful -- very appealing to me at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love stir fry, it's a staple around here. Great for getting rid of odds and ends in the fridge. Made potato leek soup last week, today is a vegetarian lentil stew but I'm going to add some italian sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Curried carrot/sweet potato/red lentil soup here tonight, after the same sort of panic and "what's in the fridge/larder"? Now you have me thinking about the mushrooms that need to be used up by tomorrow...

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks so very yummy.
    I don’t think you’ll ever run out of food.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soup or stir fry - two of my favourite foods. And scones too. Resident Chef hasn't made those for a long time although we do have shortcakes (also known as tea biscuits) fairly often.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!