Friday, December 23, 2022

Cranberry sauce and a cold

 I have the first cold in years, coughing and congested. Not up to much. No fever, few aches, not panicking yet.  I have so little contact with people , masking when out,  it's amazing how I managed it.

I did get to the library yesterday to change my jigsaw puzzle, vital need 


And I got in a supply of tissues, seems like a good idea. On the way to the store, my car alerted me that my car fob battery is low, so I went home and added in my backup fob and the alert went away. It's a tricky job changing the battery without exploding bits of fob all over the floor, so it needs to wait for now. Also till I get a new battery.

Knitted a bit, reviewed my Arabic alphabet, made cranberry sauce, now in the fridge



And today visited with my plants, looking cheerful, good as medicine.


And I'm having a breakfast cranberry muffin baked yesterday, I seem to have done a lot for someone who's moaning about being sick.

Today's about resting and seeing if Sunday's Christmas doings should be postponed. Hoping not, but Handsome Son knows I'm not quite well, so he'll  see what he wants to do.

Happy day, everyone, take care, rest, drink fluids, or not if you're feeling fine. Enjoy what you can.



29 comments:

  1. Do hope you feel very much better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cat astrology puzzle looks fun! Now you've got me craving cranberry muffins. I hope your cold passes quickly -- feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that puzzle has a lot of clues to help work it.

      Delete
  3. I hope it's a quick bump in the road and you're all better by tomorrow! I so enjoy your blog every morning. Love your puzzle finds! Get well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of you! Lots of rest and plenty of fluids are prescribed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, yuck. There are so many germs floating around out there, it was just a matter of time. I trust your freezer is well-stocked with soups. A jigsaw puzzle and a bunch of good books - no excuse to not rest up (except your inborn constitution!).

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed in the sofa in night gear for a while then I just had to dress and be more well.

      Delete
  6. I hope your cold gets better without too much fuss! Cranberry sauce preparation sounds like just the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So long since I had a cold, I had to remember how to treat it.

      Delete
  7. Oh no! I hope your Christmas plans don't get derailed. I tend to make fever the deciding factor in such things -- if I have a fever I stay home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, fever or the lack of it is why I don't think it's flu or covid. The coughing is subsiding now so I'm hopeful.

      Delete
  8. Well, this is not merry news. I hope that whatever managed to slip into your system is merely devious and not evil. Please take care of yourself! Rest. Hydrate. You know the drill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, doing all that, reading Barbara Pym, A Glass of Blessings.

      Delete
  9. I think we are more susceptible to getting sick this time of year because we are so busy. Rest up hopefully you’ll be ok for the festivities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay. We often celebrate on other days because of his schedule.

      Delete
  10. Hope you fell better soon, Boud. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are right about the cold and will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, fever was up this afternoon, down now, so I'm hopeful.

      Delete
  12. Rest, fluids, you'll be right as rain soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Missed this somehow. Sorry to hear you got a cold. I did too this year and like you hardly go out so I have no idea how I got mine either. first one in many years.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't read blogs for a couple of days, I didn't know you were ill. I see you still are. I hope this is short-lived.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!