Friday, December 16, 2022

Day after thanks

 Thank you for all the good wishes yesterday, in fact


I had a lovely day, warm at home reading and knitting and receiving good wishes by text and ecard and email and blog, including Sparkling M's inspired foray into Arabic!

I had to be out in the morning to leave a clear field for the cleaners, who left me a Christmas card and this lovely little plant


A Christmas cactus, so long since I had one and I hope it will keep its buds. It's now out of the cellophane and foil jacket. So I did get flowers.

Then later Gary came over to visit, bringing this

 

A large share of his own birthday cake, from his daughter, his birthday being two days ago. He also was given a seafood dinner, eerie similarities. He's much younger though, s kid in his seventies.

So that was a lovely day, and more greetings this morning. 

Let's celebrate, while we're thinking women and Arabic, this wonderful scientist 


I finished the third pair of gloves 

and they'll go off as soon as the minor flooding in the neighborhood from the last two day rainstorm has abated.

Happy day everyone, enjoy your day, birthday or unbirthday. It's someone's birthday somewhere, may as well celebrate.



22 comments:

  1. So Gary's a kid in his 70s, eh? Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun gifts - and fun that you and Wonderful Neighbour Gary practically share your birthdays.
    On the subject of a Christmas cactus - I was at our local mall yesterday and one vendor was selling them. Massive plants in full bloom which made me wonder how old they must be. They wanted $28 each and I was sorely tempted but then I remembered that I can kill them faster than anybody I know and I did them a favour and left them there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't like being carried around in cold weather, so you were probably wise to skip it. The buds would likely drop and you'd blame yourself!

      Delete
  3. Every day we can enjoy is a good day. I like to call days that are like fun and not birthdays as Up Days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly know how to enjoy what you can, in a difficult situation, my hat is permanently off to you!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a happy day. That youngster, Gary, was thoughtful to bring you some cake. It looks good! Also very nice of the cleaners to leave you a gift. I don't think I've ever had a Christmas cactus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cleaners are a nice Czech family, and there's a little something at Christmas, also Valentine's!

      Delete
  5. Happy day! You should celebrate all month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of great people have birthdays about now, so plenty to celebrate.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you had a nice day and that cake appeared! That cake does look mighty good. Let's hear it for women scientists throughout the ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cake was so rich! And wonderful. And yes on women achievers.

      Delete
  7. Why do birthday cakes taste better than every day cake? Even if it's not your birthday cake. Perhaps a female scientist could investigate. It saddens me to see how many of these wonderful women are unrecognised and their work attributed to men. Or just ignored.
    Today is a day for baking bread and making lists. It will be a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to boost the signal for every ignored or unknown woman of achievement in this blog, doing my bit! Bread, yes, lists , hmmm.

      Delete
  8. Glad you have a wonderful day, Boud. The cake looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little buds on the cactus. So pretty.
    And that cake looks scrumptious. I can almost taste it. Yummy
    Glad you had a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems like a fairly pleasurable day. It was fine here too because I could look at snow without shovelling it, or not much of it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessedly no snow here. I like it in pictures.

      Delete
  11. I can't wait to see your cactus when it blooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the buds don't drop off because of being out in the cold on the way here. If they do, I'll wait for next time.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!