Today the cleaners had to work with me here, not as easy for them, but they understood it was the heat dictating my staying home.
Meanwhile early this morning, the Freecycled chair went off to a happy recipient who is always organized and reliable, easy to work with.
I messaged her a thanks for that and heard back
This is a star Freecycler. She'd be surprised to hear some of the shenanigans other get up to.
Meanwhile, I'm reading
Easy appealing reading, heatwave book. It's an odd sort of road trip quest story impelled by tragedy, with older people, teenagers and a powerful red cat. And a borrowed Volvo.
And since I'm not making anything at the moment other than a fuss, here's a guided tour of a piece I made years ago, thanks for the nudge Suzanne, when an embroidery guild member showed her work.
You could work on this with kids, I think, big yarn and tapestry needle, plastic canvas seven stitches to the inch. It's sturdy enough to withstand learners and keeps its shape so you can create boxes or other 3D shapes or a purse, notebook cover, quite a few ideas. Cheap too.
You're welcome to copy the stitches if you're interested.
In other creative news, I've signed a Stand up for Science petition to Congress to rescind the shameful move against Dr Fauci of the DOJ working for their audience of one. The hope is to make an embarrassing enough noise that it doesn't happen quietly, if at all.










“ if we don't stand for something, we'll fall for anything.”
ReplyDelete👏👍✅
So true! I first heard that when I was a teenager listening to a campaign speech and never forgot it.
DeleteI just signed the petition. Thanks for the alert.
ReplyDeleteI hope your heat and humidity break soon. Sounds like a good day for reading, in between dodging your lovely cleaners.
Chris from Boise
I'm glad you acted on it. I mentioned it on another platform and picked up interest there, too.
DeleteI did add a little something to the cleaning fee, for a hot weather bonus.
That's an interesting piece, I could keep it in mind for when the twins are older, though I'm not sure they would ever be interested, it's worth a try at least.
ReplyDeletePlastic canvas in a big gauge is good for kids old enough to handle the movements of stitching. If they're interested you never know.
DeleteThat book sounds interesting.
ReplyDeleteGood for you for standing up for Dr Fauci.
I think he needs all the moral support we can give him. He does have a great wife -- yesterday she flipped the bird at reporters shouting questions!
DeleteI love your plastic canvas kleenex box! I remember when those were popular items at craft sales. I never had a kleenex box, but I did have a lovely red, white, and black plastic canvas playing card box. Back in those days (must have been the 90s), I was doing cross-stitch. I only worked with plastic canvas once -- did a beautiful big cross-stitch bookmark with an eagle on it.
ReplyDeleteI think a lot of people have tried it. It's pretty easy and can be very nice. I hope you still have the bookmark?
DeleteIt's utterly shameful how Dr. Fauci is being treated so I'm glad there's a petition.
ReplyDeleteMust be something in the air re books about road trips because I just finished reading 'Road Trip' by Mary Kay Andrews.
Noted! Maybe because it's summer, traditional time. Climate change might change that though,what with fire and floods.
DeleteYou are an inspiration to us all.
ReplyDeleteI want to be just like you when i grow up
I think you're doing just fine, Angela. But thank you for the nice words.
DeleteI hope you're enjoying the book. I loved it. I ended up reading it twice because I didn't have anything else that interested me.
ReplyDeleteStay cool:)
I wonder if I heard about it from you. By the time I receive a book on hold I've often forgotten where I heard about it.
DeleteWe're in the "cool" of the day here still. It's 82 and the humidity is 83%. I better get out there and do some gardening before it heats up.
ReplyDeleteSigh.
Summer can get wearisome, can't it?
We're having high humidity with all the storms. The mosquitoes love it. Me, not so much.
DeleteI used to needlepoint a lot and almost all the pillows I did are here at the cottage. It reminds me I should pick it up again -- a fun thing to do while watching a movie on TV!
ReplyDeleteMaybe one day you'll show us a bit more of the cottage?
DeleteGet up, stand up, stand up for your right.
ReplyDeleteGet up, stand up, don't give up the fight.
Is there music to this? It sounds likely.
DeleteBob Marley and the Whalers. https://youtu.be/qisV0W9sNos?si=mMVQhzKrdVCI_8eA
DeleteBob Marley (and the Wailers): https://youtu.be/qisV0W9sNos?si=mMVQhzKrdVCI_8eA
DeleteThank you!
DeleteThank you for the photos of the tissue box cover! I really like all those designs. When I went out for a walk with a friend late last week, she referred to what it felt like out in the heat and humidity as “walking in soup”. Totally cracked me up! We walked early and still couldn’t walk as long/far as usual, but we were out till it felt like we needed to be back in the AC. Good job on staying home and staying safe!
ReplyDeleteThe other morning I opened the bedroom window just to check and it felt like being hit with a blanket! Unbreathable.
DeleteGood to get a message of appreciation on freecycle. It was a system too open to abuse in UK. We stopped using it and took all our culled stuff to a charity.
ReplyDeleteI have had mostly positive experience with free cycle, glad to report. With a few vivid exceptions!
Delete