As I looked out first thing this morning I saw this Chinese neighbor grandfather bringing the baby out to see birds and rabbits. I could hear him pointing them out as they walked.
I got in a walk myself later, and when I came home I stopped at the gate to make a picture looking left
Then right
That's my entire planting area, mostly rescued -- including the Japanese maple there -- or grown from seed. Heres today's morning glory.
I'm getting one blossom at a time, no fear it will get out of hand.
The patio's become a miniature nature area, never sprayed, and full of bees, butterflies and moths.
Since I've been a member of the Xerces Society, I've been much less concerned about insects eating my plants, in favor of being pleased that the plants are clean enough to interest them. Wild folk tend to be gourmet eaters, taking only the best!
I'm a bit less enthusiastic about the mosquitoes dining on my arms.
About the community art I showed you yesterday, MaryAnne was interested in the rest of the story.
The Tin Quilt was exhibited for a month after which I heard the ptb wanted it for the Town Hall, so I checked with them and they said they'd get back to me.
I never heard so I did what I usually do with art that's had its turn, cut it down and used the parts for other artworks which eventually were exhibited and some sold.
About a year later the Town Hall ptb called me to say they were ready to receive the Tin Quilt. I had to break it to them that since I hadn't heard from them, it now had several other lives.
Whereupon the caller said but, but, we thought you'd keep it forever! Not being familiar with the working artist who's not a conservator.
As for the Birds Nest, the official running the event, had been obstructive throughout and had been pressured by the phalanx of artists invested in it to let it proceed.
She agreed to leave it in place for a month, because a number of residents wanted to bring children and friends who hadn't known about it, along to see it.
I went out early the morning after the event, to see all was well, no tools forgotten, and the Nest had been removed. Not a sign. I checked with the Works Department who said, well, sorry, but she'd instructed them to remove it ASAP.
So they'd bulldozed it and trucked it to the compost area. Sic transit gloria! I'm in the good company of artists whose work has so enraged authority that they destroyed it. Not a club a person wants to be in, but oh well.
It means that it succeeded, because it got a huge reaction, joy from many, rage from others. So I lived to fight another day, and I've no idea what she did.
Happy day everyone! Just keep on, your friends will like it and it will annoy your enemies.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!