Tuesday, November 22, 2022

The Day After and other pleasures

Thanksgiving was a joy start to finish, a lovely cheerful day, all the food worked out well,  I even remembered to serve it all, not leaving anything in the oven.

Handsome Son dealt with a lot of it! His contributions included a pumpkin pie, a slice of which I had for breakfast this morning in true leftover tradition.  

He departed last evening with the makings of another meal, and left me with same, plus some pie, crackers and cheeses. Not as many leftovers as you might think. It was very successful.

And here am I rockin the pearls and looking a bit  how did I get here, in the evening


I had done bit of drawing with a sepia cretacolor pencil early yesterday morning though



And since what with changes in my online life, and an impending birthday at which point I will have been 42 twice, take that Douglas Adams, no relation! I think this artwork is a good one for now


Happy day everyone, enjoy your own journey, down with FIFA



23 comments:

  1. Gosh, you're a beauty! You seriously are.
    So glad the dinner went so well. Now you can sit back and relax while the rest of us go into a froth of frenzied activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to do Thanksgiving and it's lovely to have done it, too!

      Delete
  2. Aw, you look lovely. Glad the day went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely photo of you, your colourful vest and the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colourful vest. You look very happy with your day - glad it went so well. (and pumpkin pie for breakfast sounds perfect to my human.) xxx Mr T and F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leftovers are rightly seen as the best bit.

      Delete
  5. That is a wonderful photo of you! Though I have only been 31 twice, I like your way of counting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely picture, lovely face. Glad you day with Handsome son was all you could wish for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! What a great pic. Glad you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photo! The days sounds lovely! Leftovers are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you and your son had a lovely pre-holiday meal. We did the same this past Sunday, just us two, and it was wonderful with all the fixings except for pumpkin pie. Yes, you were really rocking it with those pearls. Thanks for including a photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can be happy with any number, including solo!

      Delete
  10. You have such a lovely smile and 'the wearing of the pearls' must be a family trait because Irene used to do the same. Glad your celebration was a success and it sounds as though you both were well fed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about Irene's pearls! Too funny.

      Delete
  11. You look radiant and joyful! I think I'll pull out the pearls. I'm really happy to hear it all went well. I'm going to remember that 42 twice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!