Sunday, November 6, 2022

Clocks changed last night and other dramas

 

The jigsaw puzzle is coming along


This one's fun, solid colors, clear lines, not subtle, it's my level. Nearly there, not quite, there's a sermon in there somewhere..

In other news, I made vegetable stock last night for chickpea stew today, left the veggies draining overnight, then wondered how come they were still warm this morning. And found I had left the gas on low.  So it will be nicely concentrated, I suppose.

In yet other dubious news, I found I can make a Health Bar equivalent at home, so I probably will. Maybe a Christmas treat idea. Some of us knit and sew presents, some of us cook them.

Meanwhile I am trying to adjust to the clock change, or rather the light change relating to what the clock says.

Happy day everyone, time is relative.



13 comments:

  1. Wow, you're just whipping through that puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woke up about the time I usually do according to the light level only it was an hour earlier. I'm not an early riser so I'm going to miss that hour of light at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have left the stove on recently. It’s made me double check now. Hope I don’t become obsessive about it. Bet that stock will be delicious though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing it was on low, otherwise it might have been a dead loss.

      Delete
  4. Nice jigsaw. Gosh, it's a good job it was a very low gas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll say! Otherwise I suppose the smoke alarm would have alerted me.

      Delete
  5. Today is feeling really l o n g, but I know the 4:30 sunset will be demoralizing.
    I'm curious to learn about that Health Bar. (At first I thought you'd written Heath Bar, which definitely caught my attention!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Health bar is what I call Heath bars. Mental health. It's thin toffee covered in chocolate. Easily made at home for good mental health. That's my story.

      Delete
  6. Yay Sandra Boynton! I completely agree with her.

    Very concentrated stock indeed...glad it didn't get to smoke detector stage.

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chickens remind me that the time has not changed at all, just the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Animals and small children just go on according to the light, and it can be tricky for their caregivers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I get older it seems that I react ever more poorly to time changes. Extra hour of sleep? Hah - just another hour to lie there if I happen to be sleepless (which I was).
    Oh goodness - leaving the gas on - that's rather scary! As you say, good thing it was on low!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!