Friday, November 18, 2022

Soup, bread, knitting, life's essentials

This morning was about making soup and bread rolls to go with it.

Leek and potato, with leftover spinach/ cheese mix from the lasagna added in. Made six meals.

And I tried out a recipe for bread rolls involving yogurt, and was happy with how it came out. Batch of eight.


So that was lunch accounted for. There's a bread roll on the side.

Then the knitting group met, and here are just a few of the projects. D. modeling a recently finished jacket 



This is the start of a vest in progress, also by D, along the lines of the many colored one I spun and knitted and wove. 

I feel like such a pioneer! She's very keen to have her own version of my vest and I'm so flattered. It's looking very good so far.


And S. is knitting, in mosaic stitch, a cowl lovely color range. She's really good on color choice,  and mixing by holding two yarns together. As you see. I want to try mosaic stitch now.


The chickens, knitted by L,  will probably be framed individually and hung in different rooms as a little running gag.  

I'm still on the socks you saw before, well into sock two now.

The chat was as varied as ever, ranging from a grandchild due any time now, craft and art exhibits, books, cars which look alike causing some of us to try to break into other people's cars, knitting techniques, pom-pom making and Thanksgiving. 

And here's a great link for art for kids from cardboard and tape by Darrell Wakelam


And a montage of Islamic art just to enjoy without needing to do anything about it.

Happy day everyone! May only your good chickens come home to roost!



14 comments:

  1. Soup is food for the soul.
    Your knitting group is very talented. I love the random topics of conversation that spring up when knitters (and crocheters and other yarnies) get together. There is always a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true! Such fun, like-minded people.

      Delete
  2. I miss the knitting group that fell victim to covid. I could start a new one;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in a good place to start looking for fellow knitters. Go for it!

      Delete
  3. Leek and potato soup it’s home made bread was a staple in our home when you g children still lived here. It was a cheap, using home grown veggies, but filling dinner I love the chickens. I wonder if there is a chicken mosaic crochet pattern I could use

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time I go to the grocery store I'm getting the ingredients for potato leek soup. This long cold wet spell is the perfect weather for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...
    I think I will make some leek, potato, and asparagus soup today. Thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By an odd coincidence, I posted about chickens this morning :) And I've finally started the Season of Soup: huge pot of lentil soup, portioned out for freezer and fridge, add-ins as desired. Got to start the breadmaking though. I've been buying the only commercial naan that I really like and it's just too expensive for something I can make at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soup, bread, knitting and art made with cardboard tubes. Always a pleasure to come here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the knitted chickens! Dave made leek and potato soup just this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The knitting group always has interesting projects! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see your knitting group and their projects. Those chickens are certainly fun and I'm with May in thinking they'd be delightful on a sweater.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!