Friday, January 29, 2021

Misfits and Friday salad

The Misfits box arrived today, as you see

Looking forward to that cauliflower. And I might make garlic butter too. Which is just solid garlic, roasted until tender enough to spread. And there's a can of excellent olive oil with all the proper Italian credentials.

Meanwhile here's the traditional Friday night salad. Oak leaf lettuce, crisp, hard boiled egg, capers, love capers, cashews. Dressed with oil, mustard, garlic, vinegar dressing swiped from Mary Moon.  Dessert a lovely Pink Lady apple. 

In a couple of days the Roma tomatoes will be ripe enough to add.

All set,  ahead of the forecast snowstorm.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have plans for all kinds of roasting adventures

      Delete
  2. That upcoming storm is headed for a lot of us. We must trade accumulation numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no doubt we will! It's one of the consolations.

      Delete
  3. As always your Misfits don't look the least bit 'misfit-eeeee' to me. I don't see cauliflower in our grocery store that's sold as first quality looking half as good as the one you received.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've yet to receive anything I wouldn't have picked out myself.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful assortment and quite worthy of much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your reference to roast cauliflower is part of the thinking. I can bake the garlic heads in the same oven. And gnocchi.

      Delete
  5. my neighbor offered me a homegrown cabbage and I turned it down because I thought the husband had said he didn't like cabbage. my mistake. I'm going to see if it's still on offer. I fixed a new dish last night with apples, shallots, and italian sausage. it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great cast of characters. If the cabbage materializes, let us know what you cook with it.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!