Friday, November 6, 2020

Victory cookie

 It's the biggest cookie in the world, and I think we've earned it.


As usual I had to sub, no chocolate chips, so chopped walnuts. And I added in a teaspoon of lime zest, from misfit organic limes, just to see.


I'm using a white flour which I never had before lockdown when I had to order online. It's a southern product, probably a different wheat, much softer than the other ap flour common here. And this cookie has a fine crust and soft inside, I'm guessing because of the flour. It's White Lily, works for desserts,  too fluffy for bread. I expect it makes great biscuits.


This recipe said 18+ minutes, but using these ingredients, nearer 25. 


It smells heavenly.


And here's the cook's privilege, first wedge. It's gone now. This is pretty rich and sweet. This size wedge is plenty. 

Hooray for us! We saved the republic, that is not an exaggeration. We earned a cookie.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You know what I found myself thinking this afternoon? Well, we succeeded in getting that person out, now all we have to do is take care of the pandemic. Which just shows the stress level of living under this dreadful regime for four or maybe it's a hundred and four, years. Yeah, pretty happy!

      Delete
  2. My grandkids would love making that recipe. It may be in our future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hear all the wanna cookie jokes now!

      Delete
  3. I can't believe how much lighter I feel knowing that that whole corrupt regime is gone, or will be soon. let's hope he doesn't burn down the house in the meantime out of spite though I wouldn't put it past him. I'm the dessert maker here, husband cooks dinner, but I rarely do because he shows no self restraint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's digging going on right now on the North lawn of the White House. Possibly removing Putin direct lines? Or installing bugs. Or maybe just a plumbing problem.

      I think the whole place will have to be carefully swept for spyware bugs before it's secure. As well as fumigating for various reasons. And maybe smudging with sage just to be sure.

      Delete
  4. I used to make those cookies for our kids. They loved them with the addition of M&M's. A great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, celebrate with what you have in the house.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!