Sunday, November 29, 2020

Arne and Carlos and Advent

 Arne and Carlos, pandemic style, no crew, just Norwegian speaking Arne operating the camera with one hand while, in English, explaining the function of a drill to Carlos who has never held one before, with the complications of trying to remember the English for DON'T DRILL THROUGH YOUR FINGER. It's a live video, and one of the best comic turns for a while. 

At one point, Carlos -- they're out in the snow by the lake in Norway in winter -- finds that he can't screw two pieces together because there's ice in the joint. So he grabs Arne's hot tea, not his own, I notice, and pours it over! It works, too.

Just go to YouTube and see how a knitting designer assembles his first giant star for the outside of the house. He had said it was easy, expecting Arne, the handy one, to do it. Not how it worked out. And their dog photo bombing throughout. They have the first candle lit, for the first Sunday in Advent as you see.




There's Helmer the dog, checking 


And it works!

14 comments:

  1. What a nice star! I'll be checking out their video for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant designers and very funny men, an old couple, bickering gently and just a wonderful relationship to watch in action. As well as their patterns and demos.

      Delete
  2. I want to get one of those big lighted peace signs for the roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Carlos can build one, you certainly can! You definitely know one end of a drill from the other.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this. Advent stars light up the streets in Sweden too. Most homes have them in their windows this time of year and since it gets dark early there, it's a delight. One I had forgotten about. And now you made me homesick...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when Arne and Carlos film out of doors they do refer to how they have to get done early, because the light goes very early at this time of year. I remember that from the north of England, too.

      Delete
  4. Nice star. Thank you for the video recommend.
    I made a large wreath for my parents house years ago using wild grapevines. I made so many smaller wreaths, the woods was getting filled up with them. It was funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think making wreaths seems to get to be one of those just one more, just one more, enterprises.

      Delete
  5. So exotic to see this from far away with no snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Arne and Carlos but hadn't seen this particular video (I'm a few behind) but I had to watch this one out of order. Such a fun couple and good sports, both of them. They make me happy and that's a good thing these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the endless arguments about nothing!

      Delete
    2. Porridge-Gate - one of the funniest discussions ever!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!