Saturday, November 7, 2020

Food still happens, even when the republic is rescued

Misfits day victory supper


Salad of lettuce, very crisp, carrot dice, hard-boiled egg, avocado diced, dressed with a mix of olive oil, malt vinegar, dijon mustard, black pepper, paprika. All the veggies came in today's box.


Top layer

 My misfits box came today, slight mixup, one lot of mushrooms which I had plans for, missing, one avocado which I never ordered, present!  They're fixing it now, refund for the mushrooms, but they say they can't refund the avocado because it wasn't listed anyway.

I think that means it wasn't billed.  Well, no problems there.  I don't usually go much for avocado after a period of liking them all the time, but I don't object to the occasional unexpected visitor. As you saw from the salad pic above.



Next layer

Washing in progress.  There's a ton of fruit, for which I have plans. And the white potatoes will make a vichyssoise with the rest of the leeks in the freezer, and maybe some celery if there is any. The carrots greens will be in a green soup at some point. I also got chicken broth.  And  hand sanitizer.

I'm amazed I was up to doing anything today after the excitement. Everyone's so happy! Church bells ringing in Paris. Thank you notes from all over, because it affects a lot of people outside our country.  Much work to do, to repair, address the pandemic, replace the people in the cabinet with people who want the country to succeed. A president and spouse we can be proud of. Likewise a Veep and spouse, Second Dude. 

Next: Georgia. We're already asking Stacey Abrams how we can help with the runoffs.

Meanwhile, I think I'll lie down and read a bit. 

Then for my Saturday movie extravaganza, another in my Christopher Guest ongoing festival. 



This is Spinal Tap.

And this is a day we've been dreaming of and working for. Wheeeeee!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Looks like a great food box once again - despite the slight mix up. Perfect fodder for a nice lunch.
    Yes cause for celebration right now, but one wonders about the possible fallout over the next couple of months. I don't imagine DT will go quietly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really worry about that now. Busy finding ways to help Georgia. We know there will be ructions before he goes, but we'll have to cope. I think his supporters are falling away and looking for new jobs.

      Misfits are very quick to respond helpfully to a hitch, so that's good.

      Delete
    2. His supporters are like rats abandoning a sinking ship - saving themselves at all costs.

      Delete
  2. The salad looks good. I haven't tried malt vinegar, yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really ready for a salad, weather in the 70s, just right.

      Delete
  3. I bought a bag of misfit potatoes last week. They were perfect at a fraction of the cost. I wish we could get other veg like that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there were a Canadian equivalent. It's great food, and cheaper than local.

      Delete
  4. I have leeks in my refrigerator right now. I am not sure yet what I want to do with them. Something lovely, of course.
    Hurray for Joe and Kamala and I bow down before Stacy Abrams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet leeks would be great roasted.
      And my son and I are thinking about cabinet positions for people without losing congresspeople. Abrams would be great in a few of them.

      Delete
  5. yesterday was amazing. the whole world rejoiced.

    I wish misfits would get to Texas. and your dinner salad looks great. avocados are a kind of staple around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just started up in Idaho, so they may go more national bit by bit. They're pretty much in my back yard, hq in south Jersey, so this region is covered, and I'd wish that for everyone, since I'm doing so happily with them. Nice people, quick and friendly response.

      Delete
  6. Down to 35# of carrots from our CSA - should have room to order Misfits by mid-December or so...:-)

    Here in Idaho, surrounded by angry Trumpers, we're just starting to believe it's actually true. It's a different world out here. Lots of good people, and lots of deluded ones too. So happy about Biden/Harris, Jan 20 cannot come too soon!

    Cheers!
    Chris from Boise

    PS first snow arrived overnight! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must have some disgruntled neighbors right now. I can't wait till Inauguration Day. People we can respect will be in charge, yay.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!