Monday, August 3, 2026

Painting a bit, Talking Heads and Boots Ahoy

Yesterday I took advantage of the new organizer, and lifted out the entire drawer of watercolor supplies. This works a lot better than assembling things every time.



Just messed about and had a lovely pointless time.  All the things available and I used very few. 

Finished crocheting the Boots. The pink yarn lasted till literally the last stitch. Then this morning I did the finishing and fitting.

And Pink Rabbit is back upstairs, booted. Here's Boots the Upstairs Bear admiring the summer icecream boots in action.

The Boot Crochet Shop is now closed before anyone else hears about it.

I watched the Thora Hird monologue from the Talking Heads series. It's confusing that the name is the same as the David Byrne group and I wonder who got there first. I'm guessing Bennett, since it dates way back.

It might account for the dislikes registered, probably people who expected Byrne and are confounded to find it's old Northern actors in brilliant form. 

I plan to watch more. They're difficult because so tragic, with funny sparks, but they're so well done. 

Happy day everyone. Mine has been less dramatic than this alert might indicate 

I live right in the middle of the red bit. No need to water today. I also got a phone alert. There's no standing water as of now, though we got a big downpour.




30 comments:

  1. Ah ha, you've done ethe boots before, and now two happy little stuffies can dance away the nights with each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boots worn by Boots the Upstairs Bear were the trigger for the second pair. I'm out of the boot business now.

      Delete
  2. Pink Rabbit looks fabulous in her new boots. And your watercolour is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Don't mention the boots around too much. I've hung up my crochet hook! Thank you for the nice words about the watercolor.

      Delete
  3. I was awoken over the weekend by phone alerts of flooding. We have no standing water near us, but I guess it was for rivers miles away? Since there were a series of alerts, I had to get up and check my phone.
    The boots are FABULOUS! So stylish! And I love the summer ice cream colors. What a fashionista she is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think any flooding must have been north of here, not even very wet now. Thank you about the boots. I hope she doesn't get any more fashion ideas.

      Delete
  4. You 'art supplies' got me thinking about trying to get some art supplies to out far away child for her upcoming birthday. They have been dabbling in oils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good idea. And since good oil paints aren't cheap, a very nice present.

      Delete
  5. I am sure that Pink Rabbit feels quite loved and cherished with his new, handmade, custom boots. They are lovely.
    As is your watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boots came out well, just under the wire -- pink ran out on the last stitch, the yellow just a few inches left.

      Delete
  6. Your watercolor makes me happy! Boots and Pink Rabbit look very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The painting was just a few minutes of playing about, here goes nothing style. I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  7. I love your latest watercolour and am very glad you're avoiding the predicted flooding. I wonder (getting ready to duck and run) if mittens might be in order come wintertime - after all, boots don't keep little paws warm. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes. I’d been the boot maker for so many stuffed toys over the years
    I too have closed down the boot shop
    But I fear I may have to reopen just for a little while so that the baby of the granddaughters can have boots for her future beloved toys.
    I’m glad you’re safe from the floods. The weather around the world seems to be at the extremes,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can see you'd carve out an exception for Georgia. As they say in Washington. Around here the torrential rain simply soaked into the ground.

      Delete
  9. The icecream boots are gorgeous, Pink Rabbit looks very pleased. I like that little thing you drew and coloured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Pink Rabbit is up to speed and I can see what I need to make next.

      Delete
  10. Stay safe! The weather goes from one extreme to another it seems...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The upcoming heatwave doesn't seem as extreme as forecast. Low 90sf, not excessive really.

      Delete
  11. I really like the water color. Pink Rabbit should be quite content now. The boots suit her. You are drenched and were are parched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is so lopsided. Our rain has now become humidity.

      Delete
  12. As far as I know, the "talking heads" expression began with television newsreaders and the like. I remember the astonishment of one of my college professors upon realizing that it predated Byrne and Co.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Byrne clearly was quoting. Its certainly been around a long time.

      Delete
    2. The expression itself is one part, but its use in production is another. At this point I'm not sure whether Byrne or Bennett did it first, but they're in such different worlds it's not exactly a rivalry. Just an interesting thought.

      Delete
  13. I like your painting. It's very free and has a wonderful energy to it!

    ReplyDelete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!