Too hot to be out much today other than watering flowers, and recycling, so I did exciting laundry and dishes, glad I'd got out walking recently.
Today's about boots for Pink Rabbit, approved by her and in ice cream colors. Summer boots. Resistance boots.
Who knew I'd come to this? My hands are holding up pretty well to crochet and I'm needing to weave again. The warp weighted loom is on hold till cooler weather, another heatwave being promised next week.
Before the heatwave arrives, Handsome Son is driving me to the dentist to complete the coronation.
Then, while we're in the neighborhood, we're taking a trip we've been meaning to take for about a year, to the thriftie. I must remember to get cash ahead. I don't actually need anything other than a bigger teapot, but you never know.
The flowers are doing well but the split leaf isn't. I've now pushed it under the shade of the butterfly bush, because it's looking sun burned though I thought it was in shade. I may have to do some heavy pruning, but not till the weather cools.
Meanwhile the perennial black eyed susans are getting on fine with the visiting coleus, there's a meaning there.
The susans were rescues when a neighbor left, before the new owner finished ripping out the flowers to make the walkway neat. They're pretty robust, to have survived that, and living with aggressive pachysandra.
And the coleus is a descendant of a packet of seeds several years ago which has supplied several gardens and neighbors with plants. I think they're related to the mint family. Judging by their will to live, I'd say it's likely. Also that there's not much repeat business in coleus seeds.
This afternoon I found Alan Bennett monologues on YouTube, wonderful acting, do check.
I'm in search of more, because the acting is superb.
Thank you to the loyal blogistas who signed up and even show up at Boud's Glimpses. It's so cool, a new adventure using the tech equivalent of two cans and a piece of string.
But I usually like the most primitive way of doing anything, why should this be different.
Happy day everyone, keep cool or warm as needed. But better take advice from someone who's not knitting boots for rabbits. I mean, people, who are you going to trust?
We got this. Nineteen states, now including mine, have now won their case against the feds suing to get voter information.
States 19, feds 0.
And there's so many more victories that you won't see in the oligarch media. Spirits up!
I trust the rabbit-boot-knitting Queen of Everything (and soon with the crown to prove it). Will check out your two monologue recommendations in the morning. How can I go wrong with Eileen Atkins and Patricia Rutledge?
ReplyDeleteExactly, good hands, those actors.
DeleteThough my favorite summer footware is bare…I think ice cream colored boots would be lovely. Perhaps I’d just enjoy looking at them until my toes feel cold. I found several bags of yarn boxed away, to play with when the weather turns cold…which I’m aware it certainly will! I just looked up thrift stores here and there are 6 to try…so that’s on my list!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you'll find friends to go thrifting with.
DeleteHow is it that nature can stunningly put together colors that only a very brave artist could attempt? (I just checked, coleus is indeed in the mint family).
ReplyDeleteGlad your hands are holding up with the crocheting - Pink Rabbit will be happy.
May the coronation go well, and the thrifting too.
Chris from Boise
My guess about coleus was good then. The growth habit made me think of it. Yes, color, one of those mysteries of nature. I think there's so much variegation in leaves that escapes the eye but jmpresses the brain.
DeleteI'm happy I can crochet a bit, too.
I can't wait to see the resistance boots!
ReplyDeleteYou and pink rabbit!
DeleteOh, what PERFECT boots for Pink Rabbit!
ReplyDeleteThis is all your doing, Debra. Again!
DeleteWe managed a short walk in the park this morning before the heavens opened all afternoon. Tennis tournaments that I wish to follow were greatly impacted. More coming tomorrow from what I understand. You do well with giving plants a second chance at life.
ReplyDeleteRain has shown up here, too. Saves carrying water to flowers, all good
DeleteThe icecream boots are going to be beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI hope so.
DeleteCrumbs under the Sofa rings a bell. Thora Hird I believe.
ReplyDeletelove the black-eyed Susans and the coleus.
Another wonderful actor, thank you, I'll look for that one. The coleus and susans look quite good together, better than I expected.
DeleteThe Cream Cracker Under the Settee, found it. I gather the series is Talking Heads, not the band though.
DeleteCould you put up some info - link or name - for you channel? Thanks
ReplyDeleteThe name is in the header, see above, and the link on line 2 of Saturday's post.
DeleteI was just thinking about coleus and how, for some indeterminable reason I do not like it. I am truly mystified by this. I love the color combinations of the plant. Perhaps it's the leaf texture? Who knows? And what a silly thing for me to contemplate.
ReplyDeleteI think it's reasonable not to like certain plants. I hate wisteria's aggressive nasty disposition! And I don't like split leaf philodendron similar reasons. Then some plants don't like us. Avocado doesn't like being in my company. It dies in no time. There's definite communication going on there.
DeleteI will trust the one making boots for a pink rabbit. I missed yesterday's YouTube. I'll rectify that! Such pretty flowers.
ReplyDeleteFortunately the YouTubes aren't going away any time soon.
DeleteThrift shopping is one of my favorite things. Hope you are lucky with some good finds!
ReplyDeleteJust being there will be nice, it's been so long.
DeleteWe had a lovely cold, wet day yesterday. I managed to walk the dogs and finish taking apart the last bit of deck that we were removing, without heat stroke:) I even got to sleep in my own bed. Heaven!
ReplyDeleteI love coleus and it looks quite lovely with the black eyed susans.
Good luck with your crown.
Such a relief when the heat abates, especially for someone as active as you. I'm glad to hear it.
DeleteI absolutely trust a rabbit-boot maker!
ReplyDeleteRBM to the stars here!
DeleteI have never been successful with coleus. I can't be bothered to try again.
ReplyDeleteMaybe it doesn't like you. Avocado plants don't like me.
DeleteWhen someone is confident enough to crochet boots for soft rabbits and tell the world, I feel sure they can be trusted to speak honestly and with conviction. Good on those states standing up to the feds.
ReplyDeleteWell, that's a point. One of my rl friends commented a while back that when I did something dumb, I didn't hide it, I blogged about it! It's nice to describe it as confident. It may be more like blurting.
DeleteI wouldn't mind slippers in those ice cream colours but then again, looking at them would likely make me crave ice cream.
ReplyDeleteHope the coronation and the thriftie trip go well. I imagine you might be surprised at how much things are costing now at the thrift stores.
I'm braced to be a bit shocked at the thriftie. I may end up window shopping.
Delete