Monday, August 17, 2026

Eye doctor and cake and bracelets

The eye doctor pronounced my eye health as excellent, no need for new glasses, and Handsome Son and I went home to chocolate cake and tea and he did a couple of tasks which were beyond my power though simple.

One was to unfangle the hooks on the door curtain, I couldn't get that high, and the others was to unscrew the bathtub stopper which I couldn't unscrew though I knew how, to fix a clog. Done.

After a great afternoon of chat he departed to a shore concert, taking away half the remaining cake, birthday privilege. He left me a piece or two. 

That was a successful day, and I completed another bracelet for my collection.




That may be enough for now.  Maybe.

All Creatures continues to be good and I'm now a bit concerned that I'll soon be caught up. Blogistas, do you have any recommendations for future viewing on the PBS Passport?

Happy day everyone, hoping for good medical news all round.





33 comments:

  1. He’s more than just handsome. That’s a plus! Love the bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a good friend. I try not to ask too much, because he's so willing.

      Delete
  2. Those bracelets look terrific on your wrist. Thank goodness for helpful sons! Glad you got good news from the eye doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very stylish to wear several braided bracelets at once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only made them for fun, now I find I'm trendy! Too funny.

      Delete
  4. Love the bracelets. I’ll put that in the “ things to do with granddaughters” pile.
    I’m eagerly waiting on the next series of all creatures, I think it’s better than the old one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bracelets were a steep learning curve for me! But I'm glad I've made them

      Delete
  5. Your bracelets are wonderful. I love the blue. Sounds like the handsome son got you all fixed up! Glad you both were able to enjoy the cake and even have leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a day of getting good things done.

      Delete
  6. I really like that you have long conversations with your son. That is so special. In terms of PBS Passport, well, it’s the only thing I ever watch. First, if you like programs about nature, my favorite one ever is the Nature episode titled "My Garden of a Thousand Bees” (season 40, episode 1; it’s just 55 mins long). I’m not a mystery lover, but I know you are — A lot of people like the series Patience (British remake of a French show about an autistic female detective), and Miss Scarlet is another popular detective show (I think it used to be "Miss Scarlet and the Duke”). I liked these period dramas (all are series): Downton Abbey; Poldark; and Victoria. Here are some series that have individual/unrelated episodes so that you can just pick and choose ones that are interesting: Craft in America; Finding Your Roots; American Masters. Keep us posted on what you find to watch and what you like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a comprehensive list, thank you. Some I've never heard of, some I vaguely remember, thanks so much! All noted

      Delete
    2. I’m sure you’ll find loads of things you’ll enjoy watching on Passport. It’s really such high-quality programming for a reasonable donation payment.

      Delete
  7. Someday, I should get Passport.Acorn isn’t giving me as many Brit mysteries as I would like lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passport is the only service I subscribe to, and so far it's great value for $$.

      Delete
  8. Hooray for excellent eyes. I have to make an appointment myself, my eyes were fine after the cataracts removal but lately the right eye isn't seeing properly, a bit not quite blurry, not quite filmy but not right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea to get it checked out. It might be something quite undramatic but it's good to know.

      Delete
  9. The bracelets are colourful. You could do them in Ukraine supporter colours - or rainbow - and extend your campaign for support for both groups.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news on the eyes. You can never have too many bracelets, especially pretty ones like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making them is just one more, just one more..

      Delete
  11. I know my granddaughter would love these. It would be a fun project for her. I will have to sit down with your tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can find beginner videos. Many are labeled beginner and don't give enough info. I had a bit of a search. But once you get underway, it's fun.

      Delete
  12. You know, your.bracelets are so good that you could do a side-hustle selling them! They really are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've set up a blue and yellow Ukraine one, as per Fs suggestion earlier.

      Delete
  13. I agree with the others. I like your bracelets. You have a very kind son.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terrific news about the eye appointment! Sounds like a good day all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a terrific day, and all these good health verdicts help!

      Delete
  15. You are so blessed to have your son living nearby and willing to help you out. How I miss our boys who used to be available to help out but #1 would have to travel over 5 hours and #2 lives clear across the country.
    Glad you got good news at the eye dr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to have him near. I don't see him a lot, because he has a life, but knowing he's there is important.

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!