Saturday, March 30, 2024

Happy Easter if you celebrate, and Trans Visibility too which happens to coincide this year

Happy Easter, to those who celebrate. My own celebration will happen Wednesday when Handsome Son is free to come and make a dinner with me.

Here's my Easter display of my hand painted eggs, porcelain, cats, tiny cup and saucer with painted cockatiel eggs. Every year when I bring the tray down from its storage place, an egg gets broken. I've replaced the main part on the tray, so you won't notice. Spot the little wooden duckling!

 
Bottom left corner, little duckie by cast iron cat.

I hadn't intended this as a puzzle! But anyway running it by you again, after plaintive comments.



Meanwhile, the mourning doves did it again, made a sort of nest of grasses chucked around, on the ground, laid two eggs and abandoned the enterprise. Some predator, probably a bluejay, then attacked one egg.




Outside my daffodils are in full bloom everywhere, no idea why the pictured suddenly elongated like that.  Clowning around.


And at home I've been trying a pinloom idea, using whatever pins I could find, none available locally, to my surprise. The cardboard is the divider from the misfits box

 



and here's the result. I've put it here with the earlier weaving. Then I started another square with no particular object in mind, just the pleasure of weaving while I listened to pods and the current audio book


 Current ebook is this 




by an online friend, a headlong rush of a book, loads of fun, as is she


And a shoutout for Trans Visibility Day, which happens this year to fall on Easter, which seems like a hopeful omen.


Happy day everyone, enjoy whatever today is for you.





31 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! And yes, may Trans Visibility Day be an omen for the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to that. I don't know what my responsibility is, other than being fair and non intrusive.

      Delete
  2. I could not spot the little wooden duck. I won't tell you how long I tried. Always something new for you to figure out. I have no idea how pin weaving works, but its name says it true....pins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bottom left hiding with the cast iron cat.

      Delete
  3. The hand-painted eggs are beautiful and look good enough to eat
    Daffodils are wonderful to see on Easter morning - - elongated or not.
    It's a shame that the mourning doves insist on building their nests in vulnerable places! Is this deliberate or just plain careless?
    Have a joyous day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in the day when I painted blown eggs to give at Easter, I ate a lot of omelettes -- the contents!

      I'm not sure if the doves aren't bright or maybe they build their starter nests on my patio, then go off and make another in a better spot.

      Delete
  4. mourning doves build the flimsiest nests. besides in your garden I've never known them to nest on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually choose a higher location, but maybe this is a dopey pair!

      Delete
  5. The mourning doves are such timid birds. We see them along the boardwalk but not around the house like the song sparrows. Love the eggs you decorated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a flock of them around all the time, usually on the roof cooing endlessly.

      Delete
  6. I think the daffodils with the salmon-colored trumpet are my all-time favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep picking favorites and changing my mind.

      Delete
  7. Happy Sunday...which has about as much meaning to me as Easter. Lovely decorations, and I like hearing/seeing your muses while listening to books. Now I'm going to go look for that duck again. I've copied the trans flag, and will add it to my blog! Somehow I hadn't heard about it yet. My favorite trans is Amy on Jeopardy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The duck is hiding with a protective cat. I like that all inclusive flag, use it frequently, so people to whom it might matter know I don't forget.

      Delete
  8. I won't give you the Easter greeting that I generally give as some of your readers could well be offended but I will definitely wish you a beautiful day of celebrating the reemerging life all around us in all of its color and glory as well as the brave souls who proudly show their own glory in this vast landscape of humanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easter is grafted onto various celebrations of spring, so I celebrate that, rather than any religious association. But I don't tread on other people's way.
      and yes, brave souls is the right term.

      Delete
  9. Nice post. Wishing you a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've tried: I cannot see the little wooden duckling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter wishes to you as well, Boud, if you are observing this date. We are spending the day at home and not traveling so it has been a wonderfully stress-free day. Unfortunate to read and see that the mourning doves abandoned their nest and egg as well. I am envious that you have daffodils in bloom as nothing here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the way of nature. Thank you for the good wishes for the day.

      Delete
  12. A box of Easter ! They look entertaining and interesting. As it should be! The REAL egg story is utterly perfect! That is nature, that's how she roll...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It's nature, best not interfered with.

      Delete
  13. Happy celebration of green and growing things, and I third the "brave souls" comment above.

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Easter is about the return of spring and new growth of all kinds!

      Delete
  14. I hope you have a good delayed Easter with HS when it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your Easter yesterday and your upcoming celebration with your son are happy. I adore your eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm looking forward to it. The eggs come out once a year!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!