Friday, April 7, 2023

The moon of many names, Misfits and soap

We've had no sightings of the moon for a couple of days,  just rain and clouds, but here's the gen

And yesterday's Misfits box arrived, terrific service, carrier rang the bell, said, wait, too heavy for you, I'll put it inside the door


Usually they just leave it on the step



All present and correct this week, and just in time for today's easter dinner prep.

Look at this tree, disguised as Swiss chard, so beautiful


We're having chicken from the freezer, stuffed with lemon and roasted, scalloped red potatoes, steamed broccoli and carrots, ginger scallion sauce. 


Handsome Son provides cheese and crackers to start, tiny chocolate eggs and jelly beans to finish, and soft drinks.

I partly roasted the chicken, microwaved and poached the potato slices in milk, 



then the milk became the base for the cheese sauce for the potatoes. Tomorrow the chicken and potatoes will finish cooking in the oven as we eat our cheese and crackers.

Now to lay the table, throwing the cloth over the current puzzle in progress.

And here's the upshot of yesterday's soap making. Once cooled, it foamed nicely when whipped a bit, 


so I strained it into a handy container 


and set it on the shelf above the washing machine ready for the next laundry day.

Happy day everyone, enjoy your weekend whatever your plans.  Support friends in Tennessee fighting the good fight. A couple of mine are on the front lines.






15 comments:

  1. Your Easter dinner sounds great. Ours is tomorrow too with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a mighty fine meal you are preparing. Where else would I learn about laundry soap made from English ivy, I swear! I find it alarming and threatening that these plainly undemocratic actions are taking place across the country. It's worrisome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right about that chard- it is a mighty thing. Like my kale is right now.
    Your dinner sounds delicious and I highly approve of your menu! I just bought the tiniest chicken I think I've ever seen (for sale in the grocery store, at least) and will roast it tomorrow night for Mr. Moon's and my pre-Easter dinner. I joked with the cashier that it looked like a two-serving chicken to me.
    What happened in Tennessee is beyond horrible. Why are these people not ashamed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the impending Easter dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your Easter feast with your wonderful son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will have a grand Easter dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a yummy dinner! That Swiss chard looks great. So fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a fab full moon - we could actually see it for a change (clear skies). Hope you had a very happy Easter. Xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely time, even with no moon sightings.

      Delete
  9. The night the moon turned full we had clear skies and it certainly wasn't "pink" - instead it was a brilliant orange and looked more like a fall harvest moon. Wish my camera would play nicely with night photos because it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never get great moon pictures, so I just enjoy seeing without recording. I read that pink refers to the mountain pinks that blossom about now, very early spring. But there are several theories. Of course.

      Delete
  10. I think dinner at your house looks fabulous! Been glued to the news today -- one reinstated. One to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So the bigots raised the profile of two young unknown legislators to national prominence. I think it backfired big time. I'm looking for the other Justin to be reinstated now.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!