Thursday, April 20, 2023

Cleaners, school art, and Misfits

 Today being the day my cleaning family comes and I go out, I went to one of the three libraries I use, the township one with the gallery I founded.

And here's what's in the gallery








First grader!


Another first grader!


Following is a clay sculpture series, middie and high school




And high school drawings, prints, collages 


It's an energy packed show, worth visiting if you're local. 

While I was there a young father came by with a toddler, to show him the artworks, and I was so pleased. This is exactly why I wanted the gallery, right in the library,  so all ages could experience art casually, no big deal, no gatekeeping, parents can bring kids without worrying about criticism.  Great stuff.

While I was there I took a look at the puzzle collection and here's one of our donations, Rose

See it there? The high jinks puzzle. The rest are out on loan. 

Once home the Misfits box arrived, lovely young man always insists on lifting it into the house, warning me to be careful lifting it. I dropped a line of appreciation to his company today. So much better than the FedEx throw it down and run procedure.

So no picture outside, because he put it here


Note i didn't crop out ny feet because I'm wearing the socks you saw in progress, beautiful donated yarn 


And it's a small haul this week, lovely free range eggs. They really do taste and look so much better than the battery type. With any luck the chickens feel better, too.

You up for a Haggard Hawks puzzle?


Remember no giving away the answer, funny clues only, if you can think of one.

Happy day everyone, I'm certainly having one. 




 


31 comments:

  1. You started something good et the library, and they have kept it up. ✔

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children are so wonderfully free and confident in their artistic expression, aren't they! I adore that first grader's cat (tabby? tiger?). I love going to grade school art exhibits whenever I can find one. The quality of some of the high school art can be quite jaw-dropping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stripy kitty is my personal best in show! And there's some terrific art by teenagers. We have an excellent art faculty in our school district, which doesn't hurt.

      Delete
  3. Those are indeed nice socks. (I can knit socks too, but only slowly.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speed doesn't matter, if you wear them a long time, once completed. These are very comfortable.

      Delete
  4. The enjoyment people get from admiring art does not end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's so good to be introduced to exhibited art from an early age.

      Delete
    2. Crafty clue there, which I missed!

      Delete
  5. You must feel so pleased when you see such a show and know that you had a hand in it being there. I embiggened the pictures so I could see the art better and am amazed at the creativity of the kids. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a good feeling. And this month's show is full of really good work, from all ages.

      Delete
  6. There is a lot of talent there. I hope your heart is bursting with pride at starting it all off.
    I can think of a couple of answers if I am on the right track. I could ask the lovely gentleman who took care of my cabin when travelling to bring me a meaty meal made in a particular utensil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never any lack of talent in any community. It just needs a chance. You may want to take another look at the puzzle though.

      Delete
  7. I enlarged your pictures to go through the submissions as closely as possible. That is a fine display of art work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s wonderful that so many students entered their art. Great for their self esteem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year there's Student Art Month, in March. I think the pandemic changed it and this is the new version. Nice opportunity for students.

      Delete
  9. The gallery is working so well, Boud. What a wonderful legacy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope some of those students carry on and become well known artists.
    I think I get the pattern in your quizzes but can never think of a word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of talent around here, and a lot of artists, known to varying degrees. I hear you about the pattern, but what's the word. There have been a couple of good clues in the comments

      Delete
  11. The art is wonderful! Every library should offer such space for kid art...Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's refreshing to see spontaneous work from kids, and I agree, can't get too much.

      Delete
  12. I always appreciate a conscientious delivery person! The artworks from the school are wonderful. I'm so impressed at the quality of student art these days -- I see it at the school where I work, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it's because there's better teaching now? There's certainly a great output.

      Delete
  13. I would be very happy to visit the gallery, the art looks fun and there is talent. I was going to say those are the socks, then I read the next line and they are! We will be seeing what you do with this box of goodies, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect so. I'm glad you recognized the socks, also impressed.

      Delete
  14. Could it last forever? What wonderful artwork and how fantastic to have it all displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need a Misfit in my area! Love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check it out, you may have one, they're all over the US now.

      Delete
  16. I figured out the common element in the word puzzle but doubt my brain this early could come up with the word. you should be so proud of the art gallery in the library. It's such a big space! I really liked the ceramic sculpture framed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some great clues in earlier comments which might help you get the puzzle.

      And, yes, it's very nice to see the continuing success of the gallery. It's ensured continuity in the local art world because it's a focal point (!)

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!