Monday, April 17, 2023

Midsomer, Spare, puppets, bowerbirds and storms

The morning weaving, usually about two inches before I need to rest my shoulders, continues happily. The quality is improving, but whether it will be good enough to give to the ministry is TBD.  We'll see after it's finished, fringed and steamed. 

I'm glad I enjoyed the scent of the spice bush and took pictures, because we had a huge rain, thunder and lightning storm, heaviest 24-hour rainfall in the US. 


that tore off all the blossom after a couple of days' enjoyment, broke the daffodils snd generally left everything green where it wasn't flooded.  Handsome Son had to make a circuitous route home, searching for open roads.

I had tossed around a few saved pumpkin and moringa seeds in anticipation of the storm, because large seeds tend to get a good start in storm conditions. We'll see if I guessed right.  They're big enough plants to see, if they grow.

Meanwhile I have rediscovered Midsomer Murders' first season on Freevee and had a good time watching. 

I'd forgotten the plots, so it was like new .

Today's Patriot's day and the Boston marathon, for the highly energetic. It also delays the federal tax filing deadline to tomorrow, in deference to the Massachusetts holiday.  

And here's an age mate I think I'd like, more my speed than running a marathon 


Notice the puppet is a self portrait!

And my reading finally, after many weeks ' waiting is


So that will be my focus today, rainy again. 

Happy day everyone, and here's a reminder to make our surroundings Habitat Beautiful


I expect you guessed the latest Haggard Hawks puzzle

RIVERSIDE






22 comments:

  1. We had a snow storm yesterday. I am a BIG fan of Midsomer Murders. I've spent a lot of time with it. I liked the original cast best. Spare is still a couple of months out for me. I will look forward to seeing your weaving creation, and talk about creations....that puppet is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the original cast better than the later ones. I think original casts create the illusion then later ones are just imitation. Isn't that puppet wonderful?

      Delete
  2. I like how you always have a plan for the day, Boud. Sometimes I just go with the flow and do what presents itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's possible in a life containing other people. Living totally alone, it's possible that nothing will present itself other than lethargy and depression. So a framework is very helpful.

      Delete
  3. The Puppet Lady is adorable! And I love the Weaver Bird's beautiful nest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always thought there's something to be learned from birds. This one's a great weaver and decorator.

      Delete
  4. Do they know they have created a thing of beauty? Or is the beauty only in our eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to all, especially the necessity for daily planning and routines. Mine are suffering a bit at the moment it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Lukas is trying to upend your days and nights, as in which is which!

      Delete
  6. I'm looking forward to your opinion of Spare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Midsomer is a silly program that most of us like for some reason. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just right for late in the day, tired watching.

      Delete
  8. oh, I love the woman feeding the squirrel with her puppet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Midsommer. What would I do without Britbox? Looking forward to Spare, too. And I fear the same for our blossoms... from summer to winter again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freevee came preloaded on my Fire tablet. It's got a lot of commercials but I rise above them!

      Delete
  10. Midsommer Murders is on my list to try at some point. I'll be interested to hear your review of 'Spare' - I haven't yet put my name in for it at the library but no doubt I will.
    Sounds like the summer storms are starting early - hope none of them turn out to be devastating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the late winter storms. Which are like the summer ones!

      Delete
  11. The risk of being murdered in Midsomer far outweighs the delight of living in a country village!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I notice they have to introduce new villages sometimes, probably because the population of the others was wiped out. So cosy!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!