Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Wednesday, every minute packed with seconds

Handsome Son and I accomplished a terrific morning. Successful run to the dentist where the coronation took place while Handsome Dentist told me about his friend who has two, count them, private jets, just took one to Tahiti. Hourly cost to run private jet, $15K. Makes my crown seem like a bargain.

While I was at the dentist Handsome Son took his carload of donations down the road to the thriftie. Then he waited back at the dentist and I felt good enough to shop at the thriftie. So back we went.



Everyone shops here

I found two shirts suitable for him for work, and he was able to see and approve right there. And though there were no teapots, no tableware at all, I did make a terrific find. 

Pure linen dress with pockets, deep ones, still with Old Navy original tag, priced at $15.99, then since it was Wednesday, senior discount day, 50% off. So $7.99 for an excellent buy. 




The shirts and dress got change from $20. So much for out of sight prices. Handsome Son scored a couple of music CDs he'd been in search of. 

Then I was almost asleep on my feet, so we left, past the aluminium giant animal store, I don't know either. It was a bit wet. 


At home there was tea and banana bread which I set up while Handsome Son made a check deposit for me at the bank down the street.

Then the sun came out and he went to get on with the rest of his day off, I took a rest and the postie arrived with this 


First slogan-bearing T-shirt ever for me, in support of Run for Something, program of ActBlue to support democratic candidates running for office for the first time.

This has been an action packed day, all successful. Yay us.

Happy day everyone, be sure to pack your minutes with seconds.




24 comments:

  1. It's so nice to have a helpful son! I'm glad you got your errands done and had a successful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This trip was a birthday present to me, first decided last December, finally executed in August. It was a multipurpose day.

      Delete
  2. A lovely day...I had birthday seconds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that dog is an impulse shopper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great birthday present! Congratulations on the new crown, and more on that lovely linen dress. What a score! Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So long since I've been at the thriftie, and I got lucky. And today is just the day for a cool dress. 90% humidity.

      Delete
  5. That's the biggest thrift store I ever saw in my life! Does the money go to charity?
    That linen dress was definitely a 'must-have'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the Red White and Blue, Vietnam Veterans of America store. All the thrifties I know are run by organizations like Red Cross, Vietnam Veterans etc, as a profit center for the org. And they're usually this size!

      Delete
  6. Yay you indeed! What is a thrift store exactly? Is it a charity shop?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our town is posting about a knitting gathering day in the park. I thought of you. I actually grabbed some screen shots to post about, but I don’t know if I will. I don’t think Sue would attend. Sitting in a park with wool on a summer day probably wouldn’t appeal to her. An inside community gathering in winter might though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering that Sue makes giant afghans, I doubt if she wants to be muffled up in her project in summer.

      Delete
  8. A brand new linen dress with pockets! Score! Indeed. I would have bought that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you as I was trying it on. Knew you'd approve. Linen! pockets! Great price! Nice color!

      Delete
    2. Exactly! What's not to love?

      Delete
  9. Wow, you hit the jackpot with that beautiful linen dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's years since I was there, so I was quite smug about my find. I'm wearing it now, perfect in a humid heatwave.

      Delete
  10. Now, curious mind wants to know - is that Handsome Son? If so, he is, indeed, handsome!
    Good score with that dress, and brand new too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the guy. I didn't realize he was in the shot, he not usually being a fan of pictures.
      The original tag in place was a bonus. And finding the pockets

      Delete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!